Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need to vent >

need to vent

need to vent

Old 04-08-2011, 10:14 AM

I agree! all the things you have to get together for a class plus gas i would call ahead next time.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:24 PM

I don't blame you!!!! This happened to a quilter friend in SD. She was the instructor and didn't tell students about the class!!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
I don't blame you!!!! This happened to a quilter friend in SD. She was the instructor and didn't tell students about the class!!
Wow-did she have any remorse?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM

SEEMS LIKE SHE COULD USE A BIT OF HELP WITH PLANNING. bETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. dO nOT LET THAT HOLD YOU BACK.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by linda701
Went to quilt class, instructor never showed up. Went home and called her when her shop opened. She never wrote it on her calendar. Rescheduled the class . Everytime I think of it, I get mad. thanks for letting me vent!!
I imagine that WAS irritating - getting ready and looking forward to a class! But you're very lucky if you never screwed up and inconvenienced anyone. Let it go.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead
Gas Prices------Supply and Demand-----Solution---use only what you need. Ride your bike, or walk when you can.

Get your ducks in a row, plan your driving schedule, make ONE round trip..Get'r done!

Only thing is, everyone has to do it, and most people won't.

One of my friends told me that he didn't care what the cost of gas was as long as he could get it. Look what that type of thinking has done to us.
I told him that I cared. Told him he was full of gas.
We have plenty of oil, don't let them fool you. It's all about money. They have it, we don't.
Syl
What the heck are you talking about? :lol:
Old 04-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's downright stupid how so many adults think saying Oh, my bad in place of an apology will make things right. Most don't feel ashamed about being thoughtless. It's just oh whatever, giggle giggle. DH said the phrase my bad was used to excuse such stupid mistakes at work, the last intern was fired on the spot by saying it and shrugging his shoulders, like so what, to the wrong man in charge. LOL.
Encore, encore...let the reality begin for these fools! I too am tired of people's irresponsibility. Recently, my daughters Scout leader left her downtown after the parade even after she & I texted about this very thing (6x in the half hour just prior) as well as confirming before the parade began (2 hours). OK, it's a small town, but still 20 registered sex offenders here! She showed up at the cookie sale, where I had to go ahead to set up & casually asked where my daughter was. I was so livid...I forgive most anything, but you don't leave my child when you are in charge of her. Daughter called from a restaurant near where the end of the parade was, on some strangers cell phone. I sent my son to get her. Let's just say I don't plan on "entrusting" my daughter to her care in future as a result. She said "Oh, my bad"...REALLY!
That's her explanation????!!!!!! Obviously this 'leader' has not seen "the mother bear" type lose it on her. The next time she said that statement (Oh,my bad), God should smite her mightily! IMHO
Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by linda701
Went to quilt class, instructor never showed up. Went home and called her when her shop opened. She never wrote it on her calendar. Rescheduled the class . Everytime I think of it, I get mad. thanks for letting me vent!!
I teach English and one day close to Christmas when everyone else had cancelled their lessons I went Christmas shopping (I think it was early on the 22nd of Dec.) We had gotten up early to go about an hour away...

I got a call from my student who was waiting at my gate. I was so embarrassed because I had forgotten to cancel her lesson--as all my other lessons had been cancelled.

I apologized profusely and gave her the next lesson free. I still feel badly about it when I think about it.