Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need to vent >

need to vent

need to vent

Old 04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

I can't say I wouldn't be uspet, but I also would be understanding. I've done something similar myself and I'm a very reliable, responsible person. But being human, these things will happen once in a while. But when they do, they have to be made as right as we can make them. I hope she at least offered a way to compensate those of you who showed up in some way. That's not only kind and decent, it makes good business sense.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's downright stupid how so many adults think saying Oh, my bad in place of an apology will make things right. Most don't feel ashamed about being thoughtless. It's just oh whatever, giggle giggle. DH said the phrase my bad was used to excuse such stupid mistakes at work, the last intern was fired on the spot by saying it and shrugging his shoulders, like so what, to the wrong man in charge. LOL.
Encore, encore...let the reality begin for these fools! I too am tired of people's irresponsibility. Recently, my daughters Scout leader left her downtown after the parade even after she & I texted about this very thing (6x in the half hour just prior) as well as confirming before the parade began (2 hours). OK, it's a small town, but still 20 registered sex offenders here! She showed up at the cookie sale, where I had to go ahead to set up & casually asked where my daughter was. I was so livid...I forgive most anything, but you don't leave my child when you are in charge of her. Daughter called from a restaurant near where the end of the parade was, on some strangers cell phone. I sent my son to get her. Let's just say I don't plan on "entrusting" my daughter to her care in future as a result. She said "Oh, my bad"...REALLY!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's downright stupid how so many adults think saying Oh, my bad in place of an apology will make things right. Most don't feel ashamed about being thoughtless. It's just oh whatever, giggle giggle. DH said the phrase my bad was used to excuse such stupid mistakes at work, the last intern was fired on the spot by saying it and shrugging his shoulders, like so what, to the wrong man in charge. LOL.
Encore, encore...let the reality begin for these fools! I too am tired of people's irresponsibility. Recently, my daughters Scout leader left her downtown after the parade even after she & I texted about this very thing (6x in the half hour just prior) as well as confirming before the parade began (2 hours). OK, it's a small town, but still 20 registered sex offenders here! She showed up at the cookie sale, where I had to go ahead to set up & casually asked where my daughter was. I was so livid...I forgive most anything, but you don't leave my child when you are in charge of her. Daughter called from a restaurant near where the end of the parade was, on some strangers cell phone. I sent my son to get her. Let's just say I don't plan on "entrusting" my daughter to her care in future as a result. She said "Oh, my bad"...REALLY!
No way should that Scout "leader" not be reported to the organization! "oh, my bad" my ***
Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by linda701
The instructor scheduled the class and time so I just went when she scheduled it for . When I went the first time, she was late,never had anyone to cover the shop but her and the phone kept ringing, customer coming in so I never got much instruction . Then she could not understand why we never got anything done. Imagine that so I dont know if I want to go back. She never refunded me any money.
I don't know is that is the only place around that has classes , but if it is not, I would ask for my full refund and possibly a discount or fat quarters to make up for your gas, time, babysitter, rushing to get there ON TIME, etc. If she doesn't see fit to compensate for her accident, I would tell her point blank that you do not plan on scheduling any more classes with her. Your time is valuable and you work for your money. I would also tell her that you will mention your experience with her and the classes you've attempted to take with her to your sewing/quilting friends. After all you don't want others to go through what you did.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 PM

I dont understand how you could "forget" a class.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:33 PM

This would be upset me as well. Hopefully she will offer some form of restitution.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Did you already pay for the class? If so, get your money back. There's no reason for being that insensitive to other people. You have a right to vent. I would make sure that I never signed up for another class with her, and I would let her know why. If you want to take a class, I would look around for another quilt shop. If there's not another one close by, there are tons of tutorials on the 'net and there's plenty of quilters who have never had a lesson and still do fabulous work.

Gas here is $4.15 as of yesterday.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Every one should get a free class......no excuse for that.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Oh that is so un-professional! You have every right to vent.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Summer Spice
$3.58 a gallon gas would make me want to vent to....
I wish our gas was $3.58 we are at $3.79 and I'm guessing it is even higher other places. OUCH