Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need to vent >

need to vent

need to vent

Old 04-07-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by linda701
Went to quilt class, instructor never showed up. Went home and called her when her shop opened. She never wrote it on her calendar. Rescheduled the class . Everytime I think of it, I get mad. thanks for letting me vent!!
Linda

I absolutely do not blame you for your anger/frustration. I understand 100%.

TreeFrog
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 AM

I would swear your address should be Rock Springs, WY. Has happened more than once here. I vented but also quit frequenting her store and classes.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:45 AM

This has nothing to do with quilting but years ago when I was still working I had a Dr.'s appt. Have to take off of work to go, told me I should be there 10 to 15 minutes early to fill out some papers which only took a few minutes. Sat in the waiting room for what seemed like ages before I was put into a room. Sat there for over an hour, opened the door and asked some nurses in the hall if I had been forgotten, said someone will be with you in a few minutes, waited some more, finally after another half hour the Dr. came in. When I got the bill I wrote them back and said I was not paying them , they should pay me. Explained I took off of work etc.etc. Never had to pay the bill. You should get money back if she never showed up.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 AM

too many businesses and offices.... have gotten to the point where "oops,, sorry",,,, has become more common than it should... i keep trying to tell my friends and relatives.. DOUBLE CHECK everything.. NEVER take for granted that something is done in a timely manner or as promised... it's not fair and a PITA... but every time i really need something... i call to be sure it was done.. 80% of the time it's NOT... very sad, but lucky me.. i'm retired and have lots of time to do this... i just sit and remember fondly all the comments i used to get regarding how thorough i was or how proactive... anywhoo (yes, and i do realize that i now just ramble and don't use "caps" or proper punc... i just have fun and dance to my own drummer,,, but NEVER make a promise i won't keep, or give a simple "sorry" for an honest mistake... Harken Up"... people.. your business is going to suffer!!! :)
Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead
Gas Prices------Supply and Demand-----Solution---use only what you need. Ride your bike, or walk when you can.

Get your ducks in a row, plan your driving schedule, make ONE round trip..Get'r done!

Only thing is, everyone has to do it, and most people won't.

One of my friends told me that he didn't care what the cost of gas was as long as he could get it. Look what that type of thinking has done to us.
I told him that I cared. Told him he was full of gas.
We have plenty of oil, don't let them fool you. It's all about money. They have it, we don't.
Syl
Right there with you on this one! Fill up after every trip too! Know exactly how much the trips cost me and that is the decider. Time to get out an old horse, 'cept they eat hay and that has gone up too. Well, Bicycle next when the knees are better after total replacement!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead
Gas Prices------Supply and Demand-----Solution---use only what you need. Ride your bike, or walk when you can.

Get your ducks in a row, plan your driving schedule, make ONE round trip..Get'r done!

Only thing is, everyone has to do it, and most people won't.

One of my friends told me that he didn't care what the cost of gas was as long as he could get it. Look what that type of thinking has done to us.
I told him that I cared. Told him he was full of gas.
We have plenty of oil, don't let them fool you. It's all about money. They have it, we don't.
Syl
Right there with you on this one! Fill up after every trip too! Know exactly how much the trips cost me and that is the decider. Time to get out an old horse, 'cept they eat hay and that has gone up too. Well, Bicycle next when the knees are better after total replacement!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

It's downright stupid how so many adults think saying Oh, my bad in place of an apology will make things right. Most don't feel ashamed about being thoughtless. It's just oh whatever, giggle giggle. DH said the phrase my bad was used to excuse such stupid mistakes at work, the last intern was fired on the spot by saying it and shrugging his shoulders, like so what, to the wrong man in charge. LOL.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Summer Spice
$3.58 a gallon gas would make me want to vent to....
$3.58 a gallon for gas???? I'm moving to Tennessee.
Here where I live in Southern Oregon gas is now $3.83 a gallon.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM

I would have been mad to. It amazes me how some people stay in business.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Same thing happened to me once when I was learning how to use my embroidery machine. Instructor forgot to write down the last class, the one where you finally learn a little bit about the embroidery machine. She was over an hour late, came in all flustered, no notes, etc. Thought she would just go past the time we were supposed to stop -- but I had another appointment. So I just lost out on that, with no apology or offer to re-do. Needless to say, I felt their attitude -- "got your $, we don't care about you any more". Ask me did I buy my new machine there last year? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!