Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Never been to JoAnn's - What am I missing? >

Never been to JoAnn's - What am I missing?

Never been to JoAnn's - What am I missing?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 AM

From reading some of the replys to your question, I have decided JoAnn's is like any chain store/resturant - some are good some ar enot. I think a place of business depends a lot more on emplyee attitude than just the merchandise or service offered. I go to JoAnn's about every 2 months. I checkout the books, new crafts and notions first then the fabric. ALso enjoy sitting and looking at pattern books. When I go I plan to spend at least an hour there. The lady in Michigan seems to have had a very bad experience at the JoAnn's near her or it just happens to be one of the smaller JoAnn's. I say when near one give it a go, never hurts to see one. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 AM

I don't frequent JoAnn's very much. If I have a coupon and I really want to look at something, I'll go there. It is not my first choice by far. I have been able to order online from other sources just about anything I want. Considering the price of fuel, the 100 mile round trip in my SUV, can easily equal the cost of postage. Their 50% off coupon on an ott lite is pretty good until I ordered a floor model ott lamp for the same price at Lowe's. Some of their fabric is ok, but the cost has certainly gone sky hight. Standing around waiting for my fabric to be cut gets old quick.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 AM

The store near me is a place with an identity crisis! There is yarn-but not enough of any one color to knit a sweater, fabric-pre-cut that maybe you can use quilting,non cotton on the bolts-old shop worn you don't want to use, other hobby supplies but just not enough to make anything, never mind trying to buy for a youth group. I have been there to buy thread, but no white or black thread! It is a big disappointment for me.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
You are missing nothing much in regards to fabric choices. Cheap staples (batting) with coupons are a plus. Sorry if I offended anyone with this opinion.

In my opinion you are so right.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 AM

I like to go to Joanne's to see what is on clearance in the quilting department. The ads are misleading. Some ads say 25% - does not include sale items. When you go to the store - lo and behold - guess what is already on sale for 15% off! I haven't been impressed with the fabric selection lately either. I've been having excellent luck at Wal-Mart. (I know - it surprises me too). Our Wal-mart still has a full fabric department and offers coordinating fabrics.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 AM

Now, I don't know how true this is, but a friend told me Michael's bought out JoAnn's. She said you can use Michael's coupons there. I would ask first though. We have quite a few JoAnn's in our area. I have noticed though you do have to look at the quality on some.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 AM

I am not a fan of JoAnn's. Drove about 10 miles out of my way to get to one and was very disappointed. But, if anyone who has an iphone4 and frequents Joann's, there is a free iphone app that you can download. There are coupons that can be used at the stores. All you have to do is show the coupon that is on the iphone to the check out person. Don't have to print out anything - just need your iphone. Right now there are 5 coupons. One is 40% off any one regular priced item. Pretty darn good.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 AM

I am not a fan of JoAnn's. Drove about 10 miles out of my way to get to one and was very disappointed. But, if anyone who has an iphone4 and frequents Joann's, there is a free iphone app that you can download. There are coupons that can be used at the stores. All you have to do is show the coupon that is on the iphone to the check out person. Don't have to print out anything - just need your iphone. Right now there are 5 coupons. One is 40% off any one regular priced item. Pretty darn good.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Banned

Absolutely not. DO NOT GO
you will spend too much $$$
Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 AM

For me JoAnn's has better quality fabric than say Hancock's and Walmart. Prices are about the same as the LQS I frequent in a neighboring town however I prefer our LQS because of the atmosphere, customer services and to me alot better selection than JoAnn's fabrics.

It's worth going to if you have never been to one. I also like there selection of craft related books.