Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabrics >

New Fabrics

New Fabrics

Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM

I think you should seriously complain to the carrier's company. That's not acceptable! How do they know what their delievery persons do is you don't complain, complain and complain!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM

REally sorry you are having all these problems with the PO. I have rarely had any difficulty with them and if I call in to the local office they always transfer me right to the supervisor and it is taken care of immediately. Also I use priority mail all the time and they have never missed a pick up and I can follow where the package is and when it is delivered. I think you should call your local office and gently ask what they think they could do to help you with your carrier.
As far as the material, I would call the sender and ask for advice from them. You never know it might have happened before or it might just be one particular fabric that has the problem. Either way I am sorry your fabric has been mistreated.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM

I would make sure that your fabric is sent with insurance. This way if a problem like this happens again, then the postal service has to pay for new fabric
Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM

I got a package from Germany fro Christmas 2009 and it was suppose to be all kinds of sweets. When I opened it there was a bikini and black sweater in which my cousin never mailed and that came USPS. I went and complained but it fell on deaf ears. Now I am waiting for a package of a Christmas gift from Germany and I still did not get it. She mailed by Air Mail on December 9 Th.
I know how you feel when you received your fabric and it stunk so bad. We are at their mercy. :(
Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 PM

If you have problem with a carrier and the post master will not deal with it, file a complaint with the postal inspector: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspxr]https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/c...omplaint.aspxr[/url]:
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM

SEND IT BACK!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 PM

If it came priority mail, call the post office because there is some "automatic" insurance under about $80 that come with priority mail. You may get a refund from them for your cost.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I believe insurance does not automatically come with flat-rate envelopes unless sent by Express Mail.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
USPS Priority Mail Envelope is what it came in. This package damage came during its getting here, but there was nothing wrong with the fabric which had been inside a plastic bag inside the envelope. However the fabric with the bird prints just really reaks. It may just be because it was double wrapped in plastic and couldn't breathe because after the damage the whole pack was then sealed tightly in another plastic bag. I'm hoping by airing it, some of the stink will dissipate, but will definitely be washing it before working with it. It's not the fault of the fabric shop.
Some mills or printing factories use formaldehide in the processing of fabrics and Boy! Does it get ripe. But usually it will air out.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:34 PM

The post office is under FEDERAL jurisdiction - keep going up the chain of command (with photos of damaged parcels) and keep e-bitchin' and snail-mail bitchin' all the way up.