Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabrics >

New Fabrics

New Fabrics

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

I can't complain about my mail carrier other then if I don't shovel the snow path she doesn't deliver the package or my mail. What was that saying rain, snow and sleet doesn't stop the mailman from delivering. She is also good about putting mail in the wrong box. Thank goodness everyone who lives here are good about bringing it to the right person.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 AM

we use to have a postal carrier just leave boxes on the ground. Finally went to post office explaining, We got a box there just for packages of any kind including large envelopes. Hope it workd out for you OK? :)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
I ordered some new fabrics & got them yesterday. First of all, the packet they came in had gotten wet, one end was torn apart & the carrier put it all in a plastic bag. Thankfully the shipper had wrapped the fabric in plastic & it's fine, but OMG does it stink!!! Very potent chemical smell!! I've got to wash it before I work with it because it'll knock you over it stinks so bad! Has anyone else had this problem?
If the packet got wet, it most assuredly happened with the carrier and not with the shop that sent it. What was the liquid that got the packet wet? If all is well with the fabrics, I'd just wash it and hopefully the smell will be gone. I would contact the shop, let them know what happened. Suggest maybe they change carriers or packaging method. Small box instead of envelope. Just a thought.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM

i haven't had that problem before. maybe you should contact the person that sent it to you and explain to them that the package was damage and smells and maybe they will send you new package.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 PM

if it arrived wet, and it smelled of chemicals, i would be cautious about what might have gotten spilled on that package. i would wash it several times. i might even take it to a laundromat to do it. there have been cases where chemicals (insecticides, pesticides, etc) have gotten spilled on things like shipments of jeans, etc, where people have gotten chemically injured by wearing them without washing them. i would be wary of anything that smelled of chemicals--and i would try to make the carrier follow through and track the source of the wetness! i would register a complaint, and would make sure somebody heard about it. (and i would wear plastic gloves when washing it, as well.) i'm just sayin' *hangs up nurse hat, gets off soapbox*
Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
I ordered some new fabrics & got them yesterday. First of all, the packet they came in had gotten wet, one end was torn apart & the carrier put it all in a plastic bag. Thankfully the shipper had wrapped the fabric in plastic & it's fine, but OMG does it stink!!! Very potent chemical smell!! I've got to wash it before I work with it because it'll knock you over it stinks so bad! Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:36 PM
cae

definitely would complain to UPS....quilt company sending items out certainly don't want that type of negativity from customers, and since they use the carriers all the time, should also file a complaint.

cae
Old 01-22-2011, 04:51 PM

USPS does that to me all the time! Our carrier is the one who damages it! She shoves things in our box that don't really fit, bending and folding things that say "do not bend," and even unwraps things to make them fit. No one seems to care, though.
Hope she doesn't get a tip at Christmas.