Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabrics >

New Fabrics

New Fabrics

Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mattee
USPS does that to me all the time! Our carrier is the one who damages it! She shoves things in our box that don't really fit, bending and folding things that say "do not bend," and even unwraps things to make them fit. No one seems to care, though.

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
Which shipper delivered it in that condition - can't believe FedEx, UPS, or USPS would have expected you to accept it.
Contact your local postmaster and file a complaint. No one is allowed to open your mail by the person it is addressed to. This is a Federal offense.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 PM

I guess I'm lucky...my brother is the mailman and if I get a package he just goes in the house and leaves it on the counter.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM

My postal carrier is a woman and she brings every package to my front porch to a bench. She is great!!!!
USPS does that to me all the time! Our carrier is the one who damages it! She shoves things in our box that don't really fit, bending and folding things that say "do not bend," and even unwraps things to make them fit. No one seems to care, though.

Which shipper delivered it in that condition - can't believe FedEx, UPS, or USPS would have expected you to accept it.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 PM

Hi, This is my first time so here goes. I use to for a kids clothing company. It may be the dyes in the fabric or where it was made. We would fabric in from China that stunk to high heaven and even after we had it cleaned you could still smell it. Other times the clothing came in smelling of smoke or food. It had been made in the peoples homes, sometimes the smells would not come out. I would let the folks know who you purchased from. They will know if what they have smells or not, and can fix it. Did they insure your package. If so they will take care of that. I also think where you purchased it from will help you. Hope this helps. Mtn. Willow ;-)
Old 01-13-2011, 03:32 AM

Yes make a call to the Post Office - messing with the mail like that is a Federal Offense I think. It would be like anyone else tampering with your mail. I would be furious if that happen to me. If something doesn't fit in the box, the carrier should leave you a note so you can go to the Post Office to pick it up.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 AM

Send it back...get a refund and don't order from them again
Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Lyncat
I guess I'm lucky...my brother is the mailman and if I get a package he just goes in the house and leaves it on the counter.
Now that's what I call SERVICE!

:-)
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM
A

I feel that the 'stink' of chemicals is simply from a newly printed stack of fabric. AIR it out good and you should have no problem. All new fabrics have formaldehyde in them, in case you don't know it. Have you been into the fabric store when a LOT of new fabric arrives? Then you get itchy eyes, runny nose, et? THAT is why!

I'd not do anything with the carrier, nor the company you bought it from. Simply AIR it out! Hope that I've helped you!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM

I'm so sorry you have trouble with delivery from your PO carrier. I do a lot of mailing out or receiving of mail with not much problem. My last incident with a Christmas card received had been damaged during transit but someone at the PO cut the damaged envelope nicely, and inserted that and the card in a plastic bag for delivery to me. I was impressed that they took the time to cut the damaged envelope.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Ooops, wasn't a plastic envelope but rather a PO envelope with see-through window specifically for damaged letters. On the back there is a pre-printed letter apologizing for the damage incurred.