Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New machine purchase? >

New machine purchase?

New machine purchase?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM

i just bought a new huskavarna computerized quilting machine for $2500. havent even got it together yet.. am building a new room to house it... it is fully extended 12ftx12ft so it is big.. am excited... hope i can learn to quilt on it..
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM

Its'worth it. Ihave mine for 3 years now and use it constantly. I took over doing "charity quilts" from my guild and Ihave quilted 9 in the last month! I find it so relaxing, it just sews like a dream
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM

I had a long arm, after frustrating myself (and my darling dh) who helped me get the thing loaded I sold the long arm got the sweet 16 (the floor model for $3,000.) love it, I get to sit and quilt, makes a big difference for me. The long arm was too big for my room, my legs ached and it was difficult to learn.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 AM

I want to add that I only saw this machine in action being demoed during the Vermont Quilt Festival. The stitch regulator seemed to be working fine, although it was all very new to me to see this machine and that regulator, so the experience of someone who has the machine and the regulator is really great to hear about - would love to hear more about this machine and having it actually in the home and so on.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by linhawk View Post
Just bought one. I didn't need it because I always sent the tops out. I am determined to learn so have been playing with a top I hate and it will go in the M.H. I do have a problem with the stitch regulator. I will have to go back to the dealer about 40 miles away but in the meantime I am PLAYING and having fun with my new toy.
P.S. I wanted a sit down, don't like to stand for long periods.
linhawk, Tell me a little about the stitch regulator and what kind of problems your having? That is one of my main reasons for chosing this machine.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jerudy View Post
Connie, Does yours have the stitch regulato? I am going to try to get to take a drive on one soon. What are the features I should tryout ?
Mine does not have the regulator. The quilt shop where I found my Sweet 16, had received it not long before the regulators were announced. I can add it on, but I'm doing pretty well without it. I would like an opportunity to try it out first, I could be tempted!

When you do test drive, try quilting and thread painting. Change the speed (on its computer) and see how you feel going at different rates. I like about 25%. Someday maybe I'll be quicker. The tables are also adjustable, taller or shorter.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Yes, but take my advice (from one who has been there done that) be sure a stitch regulator is on it. The extra cost if well worth it. If you have a chance to sew on one before you buy it, you'll understand my stance. And it makes a TON of difference on your finished quilt..... Mine is a Gammill and I absolutely love it. I have a neighbor who has a sweet 16 and she loves it.....
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi, I purchased this machine 9 months ago and have practiced only on it, I don't think this is my talent so I am selling it for 4000.00 firm along with a few extras.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM

wow, Wanda. I wish I were closer (and had $4k). List it on craigslist, you NEVER see them there!!

Oh, I found your ad on there, I think!!!

Originally Posted by wanda View Post
Hi, I purchased this machine 9 months ago and have practiced only on it, I don't think this is my talent so I am selling it for 4000.00 firm along with a few extras.

Last edited by AshleyR; 08-23-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned

Help me justify the purchase I just made ...LOL I just bought the new Brother V Series Dreammaker Sewing/Quilting machine today! Woo Hoo! so excited, so expensive what the heck was I thinking, I really want this machine, I work hard every dang day, it is mine!
I say GO FOR IT!!!!!