Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Newbie With A Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine >

Newbie With A Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine

Newbie With A Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine

Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 AM

The designs that you embroidered are great. I love the stocking. Don't have the same machine but do have the Brothers Quattro. Love it. Making the lace is fun and easy. Just be sure to use a couple of layers of the film type water soluble stabilizer. I usually use Florianni brand but there are others that are good as well. Good luck and have fun with your machine.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 AM

A HUGE THANKS to all of you that responded....You have no idea how much you have helped.......I love this board!

@Nanamoms - I'll need to check how to delete old messages and remember where I got this pattern from...If I am not mistaken, it was a free one!! Will send it as soon as I can....I am sooooooo excited about this machine.....Right now I am stitching out a pattern so I can intentionally run out of bobbin thread to practice changing the bobbin and then going back to my pattern.....BTW, the colors in the pics are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.....the Christmas stocking is much more vibrant and the background is actually Christmas green and it's showing as a yukky grey green...

Thanks again everyone!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Your embroidery is fantastic for a newbie. You will get addicted to embroidery. It's amazing what the new machines will do.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Ohhh I am sooooooooooo jealous LOL you have the machine I WANT,
but my husband refuses to buy it for me because that machine costs
more than my car LOL.

I am however SUPPOSE to be getting a new machine the Brother NV1500D
next month (I hope). I am excite to have a larger than 5x7 embroidery area
to stitch on.

I have tried MANY MANY different stabilizers of various kinds for various projects
and although it is expensive I find that Floriani is the BEST (in MY opinion) as I
have much less trouble with it.

I TRIED using the Solvvy in the various "weights" and I can NOT get my machine
to stitch FSL no matter how much or little of the stuff I use. I can not even get
regular medium weight tear away to work properly.

Yet I can use Floriani stabilizer, same fabric, same thread, same design and get
AWESOME results every time.

Except here lately my machine just does NOT want to stitch FSL and I have
NOT changed anything from before except I did try putting a NEW needle in
hoping that would "solve" the issue, but not to be the case.

Originally Posted by unclefreckles View Post
The designs that you embroidered are great. I love the stocking. Don't have the same machine but do have the Brothers Quattro. Love it. Making the lace is fun and easy. Just be sure to use a couple of layers of the film type water soluble stabilizer. I usually use Florianni brand but there are others that are good as well. Good luck and have fun with your machine.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:25 PM

I have the PE770 and I love mine. She can be picky, she only likes brothers pacesetter thread.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi View Post
A HUGE THANKS to all of you that responded....You have no idea how much you have helped.......I love this board!

@Nanamoms - I'll need to check how to delete old messages and remember where I got this pattern from...If I am not mistaken, it was a free one!! Will send it as soon as I can....I am sooooooo excited about this machine.....Right now I am stitching out a pattern so I can intentionally run out of bobbin thread to practice changing the bobbin and then going back to my pattern.....BTW, the colors in the pics are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.....the Christmas stocking is much more vibrant and the background is actually Christmas green and it's showing as a yukky grey green...

Thanks again everyone!
Hi I have a Viking Ruby and did a lot of free standing lace for Christmas. I used the ultra Sulky water stabilizer and only needed one layer. I have a large hoop and I got the Sulky on the roll so to make it fit better on my hoop I put the blue painters tape on the edges before I hooped it and it gave just enough extra room to make it fit better and then I folded the tape down. Another trick I found when doing the lace was when mine messed up and tore the stabilizer; I took the hoop off of the machine, and used spray basting and put another layer of stabilizer on top of the tear, the put the hoop back on and backed up the machine to where it messed up and was able to continue on. This trick helps even if you can't save that design but have many designs on one hooping by fixing the stablizier you are able to move onto the next design. I hate wasting money so this was the reason why I found this fix. I used a regular embroidery needle to do my designs. My machines likes all of the threads so far but I have to keep the needle sharp.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:21 AM

I too received a PE770 for Christmas. Your work is an inspiration, I am especially drawn to the applique. All of the great tips are especially timely. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and an even better New Year.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:50 PM

I have thi s model & like it. jThe view screen is a little small but does has lots of features & embroiders well.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 AM

Another person who does embroidery turned me on to this

You can get it on sale at Joanne's, for about $2 something a yard.

Pellon 541 Wash -n-Gone Water soluble embroidery nonwoven.

Beats the price of the top stuff they sale for $50.00 a roll and two layers of this works well, try it.