Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning >

nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning

nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning

Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 AM

i was in our local wal-mart this week and they have taken out all pre-cuts, fat qrts included. they only have a small selection of needles, thread, etc. what's up with that? and no one will say if they are going to fabric back. the one good thing out of this is local sewing center has grown and they have some nice quilting supplies and fabrics for reasonable prices. if you take some of their classes they extend a 20% off discount card good on all regular priced items all the time.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:32 AM

I got the queen at two stores for 5.00 but not on sale at the other walmart.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:09 AM

we have NO fabric now--not even precuts. there is minimal "real" sewing stuff. i did get a batt, but didn't check the price. i have to go and do that. our checkout gal said that they are not going to carry any fabric. *sigh* makes me angry...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 AM

Went to WalMart last week and low and behold they are redoing the fabric again. They have just added it back a few months ago after taking it all out. It was very small. They were in the process of making it many times bigger and adding a lot of notions with many shelves to put fabric on. What a big improvement that will be. Anxious to go see what they have done. They still had all the shelves empty waiting the arrival of fabric. The ladies were trying to get all the small items in place. WOW!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 AM

Yeah, I know that feeling. Sorry!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Great score!!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honeynga
Sorry to hear that your WM isn't getting fabric back. I sort of thought it was a done deal that they all were getting fabric. I live in Carrollton, GA, not far from Ga/ALA line and was hoping we get fabric here...guess I need to ask. Actually, I never go to Walmart because I'm so near the local Kroger and get to use double coupons.....
I have a daughter that lives outside of Rolla, MO and their WM never lost fabric;because they are a fairly large Amish Community their fabric was never taken away...
NOPE...it was never their intention to put fabric in ALL of the stores...your area has to be considered RURAL...meaning it has to meet certain demographics...not sure why ours doesn't, we are RURAL..and serve many rural areas..closest fabric store(chain) is over 2 hours away...but alas..we have been told ours will not be getting fabric back..which is really sad..as our WM fabric dept was making money....
Old 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM

Congrats to you!!! I know the feeling with finding a bargain. I too bought some queen size Hobbs 80/20 that was clearanced at Joanns. I still have a few bags left.
Recently I quilted a lap size quilt for a friend and she had the Fairfield 80/20 and I absolutely love it! I will buy that brand after my Hobbs is gone.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I had the fabric dept at the local Walmart order me the Fuze A Boo batting from Fairfield. It was much cheaper then ordering it online. I use it for small quilt projects, much easier the spray basting.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

That was wonderful.