Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning >

nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning

nice surprise as I was checking out in Walmart this morning

Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Was in our Walmart, Peachtree City Ga and they were setting up the fabric dept about 2 weeks ago. Have not been back but hearing good things from others.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JUNEC
I found 2 bags of batting at 1 of our Walmarts for $5.00 the other day - they were clearancing some of their charms packages for $2.50 - which always makes me nervous
If you really want to know what your store is doing, talk to your STORE MANAGER.
His/her name is posted by the service desk..That is what I did a couple of months ago. He told me ours will get back the fabric around august at the next remodel.
I got tired of getting 5 different answers from other people working on the floor and checkouts. I don't think they no anymore than we do.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 AM

We had the same thing going on at my Walmart. Got 3 yards of 108" backing for $5l. Bought 3 packs then. Went back to get more and someone beat me to it. Might have to take a Walmart roadtrip! :)
Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 AM

I'll have to check out the batting at my Walmart. On a sad note I know the electronics manager at Walmart and asked her about fabric coming back. She said No. Her department has "taken over" the fabric department. There's another remodeling being done soon. I told her about other stores getting theirs back. She did say that quite often her sales associates had to go over to cut fabric when it was there.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ
Wish I was close by.....I asked at my local WalMart yesterday, and they said we're not getting any fabrics back. We only have a very few threads, some needles, and scissors. Oh, and about 2 sewing machines. Bummer! It was the only place in this town to buy any fabric at all.....
Good news is, you can use a computer. Find great deals, many with free or cheap shipping.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Drew
I'll have to check out the batting at my Walmart. On a sad note I know the electronics manager at Walmart and asked her about fabric coming back. She said No. Her department has "taken over" the fabric department. There's another remodeling being done soon. I told her about other stores getting theirs back. She did say that quite often her sales associates had to go over to cut fabric when it was there.
This is how ours was ,a huge electronics dept. and one little aisle with precuts.
If yours has another remodel planned ,I bet it is for a fabric dept.
That is what is happening in ours.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:32 PM

I stopped by a walmart in the Buffalo,ny area and was surprised they were stocking fabric. mabe more will.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Lucky you wish we had Wal-Mart in Australia, have been to a few when in USA, think they are awesome
Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 PM

We have fabric back in our Wal Mart, although its not alot, but much better than before. Now if they would just keep someone around to cut fabric. The last time I was there, I waited around 10+ mins, and the store Asst Mgr walked by and asked if I needed help. Told him I sure did, they had called for someone a couple of times. He cut my fabric for me, and did a fine job : )
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 PM

i will check out Walmart first thing in the morning.