Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No response about online order >

No response about online order

No response about online order

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 AM

I would call my credit card company, first, and dispute the charges, and tell them why. They immediately take back the money, and that usually gets their attention, more than anything.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 AM

I'd notify my card company. Just sent off a complaint yesterday as I had been charged different than what my receipt showed.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Kinda explains why they're going out of business, doesn't it. Customer service is the MOST important aspect of a business. Sorry you're having this problem..........DO contact your credit card company........
My thought exactly. I checked out that website too. Then something was nagging at me to not get anything from them. There is nothing on the site explaining why they are closing; death, illness etc. Contact your credit company.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 AM

Call the BBB in the town the store is located in and also the Chamber of Commerce to see if the store is still in business and can your bank do anything about the debit?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 AM

Be proactive as the others have suggested. I recently had Sewing Machines Plus bill my credit card for an item that they did not have in stock and was backordered at the manufacturer level. It has taken 2 months of persistence and weekly phone calls to get the item. They tend to forget once they have your money. On an outright scam a few months ago, I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 AM

I am so sorry to hear these stories. There are unscrupulous people out there without consciences. I'm naive and just so taken aback when this happens. Definitely contact the BBB and/or the attorney general. If you know a lawyer pretty well, perhaps he/she can advise you over the phone.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 AM

you said DEBIT card, not CREDIT card, try to never use a debit card when you dont know who you buy from (like use it only at a walmart or grocery)
You can stop payment on your CC, or argue a purchase, or have it reversed, but w/ your Debit, I think youve just given someone access to your bank account. Its connected directly to your money, not the banks "money" as an inbetween stop.
(at least thats how I understand a debit card works), you might want to call your bank or go talk w/ them to see what you can do to get your money back. st
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 AM

If the company was going out of business what good would calling the BBB do? If the business is closed they don't care about their reputation. I would call my bank and tell them what happened. My bank will, and has, refunded money to my account when I used my debit card for a transaction. Some banks may be different.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM

IF they sent an email saying it was shipped, there should be a tracking# have you checked that? . . . but remember, our postal service is NOT the greatest..even with tracking#'s things go missing...trust me, I ship out 30+ orders a day! At least once a month an order disappears when it hits the sorting station in OKcity![/quote]

I always watch shipping info - I ordered a CD program and it was coming UPS and fortunately they provided the tracking info and I could track it on the computer - at the end of the day set for delivery (and no program) the email tracker said it was delivered at 3:00 pm to your porch. Not my porch!! UPS contacted their driver who discovered he had left it at the wrong address - and when he went back to retrieve it was told they had "lost it." UPS sent out paperwork for me to sign that I had not received it and then settled up with the vendor. I had a new program in less than a week by Express Mail.
Marysewfun
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Dont' waste your time with the Better Business Bureau.They cannot force a solution or administer sanctions on parties to a dispute because they are a group of private, non-profit organizations
Contact your bank and or credit card company.
Dispute the charge.
File a theft report with the local police in the city they are located. Call your police department also to see if they will take a report.
Contact the State attorney General office in your state and the shop's.
Send a demand letter registered to the owners of the business.
If they are in a strip center, the owner has their contact/lease information. Call them if you cannot find the deadbeats. If they own the store, go to the County tax apparisers office and look up the address online for ownership information.
This is also a federal offense since they used the internet.
Contact usa.gov.
Dont give up, keep after them....squeaky wheel..
Good Luck, hope you did not spend much.