Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No response about online order >

No response about online order

No response about online order

Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Yes you can dispute Debit Card purchases, take all the information to your bank, they have a dispute ach form. They will charge back that amount to the vendors account and issue you a credit. You can also contact your local Police dept, and report the fraud and secure a police report from them and take to bank. When you go to the bank, take all phone numbers, a list of how many time and how you tried to contacted them.

I work for a Bank.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Are they still on the internet?
What is the name of the store?
We don't want to go through your experience.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM

I had this happen one time with an out of print quilt book that I ordered. Info was showing they mailed it but they didnt even have the book. I had to go to the bank and file a dispute and got my money back.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

i do hope you get this resolved quickly. you must try everything. even the BBB won't hurt to notify.
Norton anti virus people chrg'd my credit card. what for i don't know? i don't use them anymore nor have i downloaded anything. i disputed the charge. but i think i must contact them directly or it will just be put back on.
companies make us work!! keep going, you will get it done.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:09 PM

sorry to hear this, you should have used a CREDIT card, not your debit card. It was like giving them direct access to your bank, which now will not help you with any complaints. A credit card company would help you out.

Hope that in the end you get your order, just very late, rather than never.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Better Business Bureau is useless, it won't help you. All you can do is lodge a complaint with them that lets other people know that complaint has been with the company. BBB hasn't had good press in a long time, they used to have a good rep but I think it has declined over the years from what I've read.

wqh, sue in ca
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
if necessary you can dispute the order on your credit card.
but you said used a debit card. do you have the same protection with debit card as credit card ? I have heard that you do not.
Good Luck getting this settled. maybe we get too comfortable with online ordering ?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM

Yes, you can contact BBB, however, if they are already going out of business there isn't much you can expect.

Do call your credit card company and tell them that you did not receive your order. My credit card company is very responsive and helpful. The last thing they want is company's to stiff their customers. Anyway, call them and see what they can do for you. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by natalieg
I have a problem and am unsure how to deal with it. I saw a link on here for a shop that was closing its doors. Like a lot of others do, I usually run for these and pick up those fabrics that I have been waiting on for so long at deeply discounted prices.

I placed an order with this company and got a confirmation email within a short time. The email showed my items as beign available and stated that orders are usually sent out 24-48 hours after being placed. In all my online purchases, I have found that if a store is going out of business, it will sometimes take an extra couple of days for the shipments to leave there. They stated that I would receive an email once it ships containing tracking information.

I placed the order on Jan 5th, they charged my debit card and sent the email and I have heard nothing since. I call every day, several times a day, have emailed numerous times to the email addy in their email listed as customer service and used the "contact us" form on their site. I have a phone number for customer service in their email and the one on the site and have googled it several times. I call all the numbers I can find (only one has a VM, the other just rings nonstop) and leave a msg every day since I started getting worried (about on the 10th).

I have no other ideas of what to do about it. UPS (how it is supposed to be shipped) can't help me without tracking numbers. I have never heard of a fabric store charging until the order is ready to go out the door. At first I was thinking I was beign a little overboard, but I figure if I leave one vm a day and send one msg a day, that isn't too overwhelming if they are just behind. But, the thing that gets me is I have no idea what is going on. The last vm and msg, I told them that it looks like they just took me for my money.

Who can I contact-BBB-chamber of commerce????
Call your bank or credit card company - they should be able to help you
Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 PM

I hope you can get it figured out. I worry about this all the time.