Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Non-quilters Have No Ideal about Time..Sheeeeeeeesh. >

Non-quilters Have No Ideal about Time..Sheeeeeeeesh.

Non-quilters Have No Ideal about Time..Sheeeeeeeesh.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Hey it looks like your learning to say " no" so good for you. She did mean 2011 right? There is no way I personally could do it in that length of time. You are right non- quilters have no idea the time we spend on our projects.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM

[quote=debbieumphress]
I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke.

I haven't heard that expression in ages :lol: :lol: . And here I thought it was a Virginia saying! You go, girl!!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I got a call this morning, abuot 5 minutes ago. And this person, who is really nice, asked me if I could make her two t-shirt quilts with her daughters t-shirts,,, blah..blah..blah... I do not quilt for outsiders for a living, I do them once in a while for friends. Anyway, someone gave her my name.
OK this is not a problem, I tell people, no time frame, when it's done. LOL. SHe wants one full size by April 18th and one by May 18th. I was like "you are kidding". She said, well you have plenty of time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
SO this lady lives in GLen ROse, TExas. I have her info. If anyone else would like to "play" with her , pm me. I just cannot do it. I know some do but not this chickie doodle. I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke. YOu know.
Thanks for letting me vent. Whew!!! Does anyone quilt this fast? I can with a regular top but stabilizing, cutting, etc for a t-shirt quilt. May be some good money for someone. She might even mail it if she thought she could get it back on time.
ANy takers. ROFL.
Ask her if she would like to learn to make one herself? B & B Quilting in Buda, TX is having a two day class, first one March 30. Pocketful of Poseys in Fredericksburg, TX is having a two day class, first one March 26, 2nd one April 16th. I am registered to the FBG, TX class.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I love sewing for my kids and grankids, but they understand about the time factor. My four and five year old granddaughters are already requesting Halloween costumes. Now, they plan ahead!! :lol:
When I sew for my kids, they offer to come over, help with laundry, cook dinner, and buy the fabric. I trained them from an early age.
ok...you need to write a book and tell the rest of us your recipe for the brainwashing solution you used :lol: :lol:
ROFLMBO
Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla
Maybe she could send the shirts to CHINA where just about everything is made these days. I'm sure someone there could whip it out over night!

Oh my, am I ever a *itch...and certainly not politically correct about anything.
Boy this posting really has me ROFLMBO!! You girls are so much fun!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:18 PM

I got a call this morning, abuot 5 minutes ago. And this person, who is really nice, asked me if I could make her two t-shirt quilts with her daughters t-shirts,,, blah..blah..blah... I do not quilt for outsiders for a living, I do them once in a while for friends. Anyway, someone gave her my name.
OK this is not a problem, I tell people, no time frame, when it's done. LOL. SHe wants one full size by April 18th and one by May 18th. I was like "you are kidding". She said, well you have plenty of time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
SO this lady lives in GLen ROse, TExas. I have her info. If anyone else would like to "play" with her , pm me. I just cannot do it. I know some do but not this chickie doodle. I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke. YOu know.
Thanks for letting me vent. Whew!!! Does anyone quilt this fast? I can with a regular top but stabilizing, cutting, etc for a t-shirt quilt. May be some good money for someone. She might even mail it if she thought she could get it back on time.
ANy takers. ROFL.

I can relate to this! Knitted 300 hats last year and donated them to the local Boys & Girls Club of America. One of the Moms (I work with her & her 2 boys each got a hat) asked if I would make her husband a hat w/ear flaps. My thoughts...what...am I your personal knitter? Just spent 9 1/2 mos. knitting the hats and she wants me to knit her husband a hat?! Don't think so... Can't believe how some people think people who do whatever craft they do have all the time in the world...as if it's like not doing anything.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 PM

A friend kindly asked me if I sewed for other people, because her high school daughter would like a quilt of all her volleyball shirts. I said I didn't sew that way, and had never done a T-shirt quilt, BUTTTT if S would like to come over, we could figure it out together as her summer project before she went to college. So mom and S came over and we went through the shirts. Decided on a size for squares, material needed and off they went. I think we did 2 more afternoons that way, and it was a learning experience for all. Needless to say, Sept. came and S went off without a finished quilt. S was mom's 3rd and last child, so mom suddenly had an empty nest, no more school volunteering, and needed "a project." She got a DOG!!!! But she did find time that fall to come over one last time for final completion. I didn't see it, but Mom was happy with the results. She couldn't wait to gift it to her for Christmas. Now the other two want quilts, but they can ask Mom and S. Sure, I spent 3 or 4 afternoons with them, but we enjoyed it. "If you teach a person to quilt,.....
Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 AM

GREAT solution - helping a person make the quilt.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM

[quote=cjaye44]
I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke.

I haven't heard that expression in ages :lol: :lol: . And here I thought it was a Virginia saying! You go, girl!!
LOL. I thought it was a texas saying. SO funny. I am still enjoying my scissor fobs you sent me. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 AM

I got a call this morning, about 5 minutes ago. And this person, who is really nice, asked me if I could make her two t-shirt quilts with her daughters t-shirts,,, blah..blah..blah... I do not quilt for outsiders for a living, I do them once in a while for friends. Anyway, someone gave her my name.
OK this is not a problem, I tell people, no time frame, when it's done. LOL. She wants one full size by April 18th and one by May 18th. I was like "you are kidding". She said, well you have plenty of time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
SO this lady lives in Glen Rose, TExas. I have her info. If anyone else would like to "play" with her , pm me. I just cannot do it. I know some do but not this chickie doodle. I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke. You know.
Any takers. ROFL.
I like your little picture at the bottom of your page. It has given me a smile on my face thinking about it. Thanks Debbie