Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh Crap! I'm an idiot - I hope I didn't just kill my machine >

Oh Crap! I'm an idiot - I hope I didn't just kill my machine

Oh Crap! I'm an idiot - I hope I didn't just kill my machine

Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 PM

I'm sorry you had this problem, and am so glad it worked out all right, but I also learned a valuable lesson. Don't put the loose screws on the bed of the machine! I have a Janome MC9700, and it has screws, which I haven't taken out yet because I haven't had it long enough, but I feel certain I would have just put those screws on the bed of the machine. Sounds like something I would do, not thinking. So now I know not to do that, and if ever it should happen, what I can do to fix it before I resort to a repairman (always expensive!).

So your little mishap taught me a valuable lesson --- me, and who knows how many other sewers and quilters, and not just those with Janomes. I'll bet anyone with screw plates who reads this entry never puts their screws on the bed of the machine again.

Thank you for your valuable insight and information. You've helped a lot of people today.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM

Magnets will not harm if is turned off. I have a Baby Lock, and I embroider In The Hoop magnets, and I enclose the magnet in the design before it finishes embroidering. A small magnet is not going to hurt machine.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:50 PM

Talk about blowing up your machine, I changed a lightbulb with an auto light bulb. it blew up the bulb and now the new correct light bulb will not light, nor will the foot pedal work. I am afraid I have literally blown it up! I have at the repair man now. I hope he won't find that I blew up the brains or something. It is an old ("72, I think husquavarna Sweden) by viking. It belongs to my MIL so will fix it, but hope not too pricy.