Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OH MY GOSH...should I buy a new sewing machine????? ***PICS ADDED PAGE 5!!!***

Banned
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearheart and congrats on your new machine. please take a pic so we can see too

Congrats and we want to see a pic of it too!

A very..happy birthday........kitties want to see it too :D

Happy birthday to you :D :D :D I'm glad you could get what you actually wanted, and really glad that you forced yourself to straighten out your budget!!! And you were rewarded for it..you have to keep an eye on your own money..don't even trust the bank :shock: And its a weight off your shoulders to know you've got things under control. Makes it way more comfy to sit at that new machine :D :D :D Have fun!!

Another Mary

Good for you! You'll enjoy your new machine now without the guilt you'd have felt by blowing off your bills. Have fun!

Yaaaay! My Dad called earlier to say it had arrived and please could he open it!!! Bless him, he wants to have a go on it! I told him he has to wait! I also received my goodie package from Kathy today, will post pics of everything later!

Happy Brithday and like someone else said don't forget to share photos and tell us how much you love it!

Shame on the bank don't they know you needed that money? Just as a thought... Since it is a mortgage... You could put that money back in the bank and payahead a bit. That always helps in the long run.

So glad you got your machine!! Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Susan

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congrats on the newest member of your family!!!!

Happy Birthday Mary! I'm so glad that you were able to do both things - "balance the budget" AND get your new machine. WoooHooo!!! :D

Happy Birthday Mary, so glad you were able to get your machine!!! Congrats on getting a handle on your finances.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
    Anyway, the Pfaff 1122 is being delivered today! I am so excited! I am having it delivered to my parents house as I always visit them on a Tuesday night, so we will all get to have a play with it tonight.

Once again, thanks for all the helpful advice, your comments really helped me balance things and think things through sensibly.

Mary :wink:
    Congrats Mary! I'm glad you are getting your dream machine! Have fun with it. :D

Well, I just got home from my parents house, so here are some pics of my new machine, being inspected of course by the quality control officers (Kitchen and Satchmo. I think my excitement has rubbed off on them as they are currently chasing each other round, chasing the spools of thread that are on he floor (the machine came with free threads - LOADS of them, and a set of scissors nd a tape measure and some bobbins and some needles.

I have been munching away on my Wheat Thns and am saving the Cheetohs for a night in with a DVD later this week - THANKS KATHY!
    Enjoy the pics, I am tired from all the excitement, am off to bed soon! I will be playing with my new machine tomorrow night when I am fresh!

Oooh, whats this then?
    Name:  Attachment-17441.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  31.5 KB

Smells interesting...
    Name:  Attachment-17452.jpe
Size:  28.5 KB

The box is open and inspection begins
    Name:  Attachment-17454.jpe
Size:  24.7 KB

more pics

Goodie parcel from Kathy - things I love but cannot get in the UK.
    Name:  Attachment-17455.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  47.8 KB

Oooh! New toys!
    Name:  Attachment-17458.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  26.0 KB

Kitchen got so excited he had to climb on top of the door and peer down the hallway at me!
    Name:  Attachment-17459.jpe
Size:  13.4 KB

Yaay! Bite size!
    Name:  Attachment-17460.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  30.9 KB

That is just so awesome!!!!! So glad everything worked out for you!! Wish I could come play with you !!!!

I agree with Jim'sGem.

Your life will have less stress if you have a machine that works. If mine started to act up, I would probably be saying words a lady should not say.

Anne

Wow!! you had already done it before I told you to. Very smart. I LOVE all the thread. You are going to have great fun.

Anne

I am also glad that everything worked out ok and now you don't have to feel guilty about your new toy!!!! Enjoy it and Happy Birthday!!!

PS - Love the pics of the kitties! They are so cute!

Izy
    How exciting for you....best birthday wishes for lots of fun times with your new machine....the cats look sooo interested :D

I didn't know you weren't British until you posted all the goodies....how do you like living in England?? :D

Oh my! I had to round up the whole family to check out Kitchen over the door! DH wants to know how you got Kitchen to pose that way in the Avatar. :D

All that new thread! WOW! Everyone here agrees you have over $100 in thread! At least you'll have a long while worth of sewing before you have to buy more! I love the photos of your kitties checking it all out, ours do that too, it's wonderful how they want to make sure it's safe for you to use.

A Cheetos celebration is in order! Great machine! I know you'll create beautiful things with it. Orange fingers unite!

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday!!! Now you can play without the guilt!! I'm sooo happy for you and I'm drooling over your new thread! Looks like the furry babies had as much fun as you did with it. Those are great pics.! Enjoy!!

WOHOO!! Happy Birthday!!

Pretty Kitty , Trust your own judgement i feel you know what that is. But we all need a hobby and mine has become quilting and it is contagious. I do hope you have a wonderful birthday . Esther

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast