Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin! >

Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin!

Ok girls(and guys) lets get movin!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
GOOD MORNING to you! :) I'm a big stretcher too - especially in the morning and often throughout the day.

When sewing I have my ironing board and cutting area away from my sewing machine, so I'm hardly sitting for long lengths of time.

I use a clock radio that has the 1 HOUR sleep timer on it. I press it - sew during that hour - and when the radio shuts off I do something else for a few minutes... flip a load of laundry, run upstairs for food or drink, walk the tread mill for a few minutes...you get the idea.

I agree - use it or lose it!
I love the timer idea...Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 PM

Thanks for the pep talk, but my situation was different this morning: I am normally up at 5 am to go to Curves then off to work for 3 hours. So this morning I slept in until 7 am, went on the quilt board as I did 2 loads of laundry, went to breakfast as i read Jennifer Chiaverini's book "Sugar Camp Quilt", went to pay our Comcast bill, then off to JoAnn fabrics. I would say I got my exercise in today and I still am not done. Two more loads of laundry, hopefully get to see my grandchildren (I missed them yesterday, out of town), then to dinner for Valentine's Day. Yippee!
Originally Posted by leatheflea
I'm up and moving! Vacuuming done! Did some stretching, one and two touch those toes! Yesterdays sew-a-thon has left me a little stiff this morning, been up since 3 because of it. So a little of the snake that bit me. Will have the top finished today! Just a little reminder to change those needles and clean out the bobbin area before we start today. Everytime you get up to empty the bladder stretch, touch those toes(or knees)! Arms over the head....and stretch...Dont it feel good!? I think we get so caught up in sewing that we forget about us. Prevention on us and our machines, one wont work without the other. Turn the radio on...(micheal jackson) "ABC...Its as easy as Do-re-me..

Ok now sit in sewing chair grab the seat on the left side with both hands and twist your upper half to the left...stretch....hold it....lets do the other side.....stretch...feels good. Ok now put the peddle to the metal and lets get these stitches-a-stomping!

Have a great day! Happy Stitching!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM

Im 42 and can still lay the palms of my hands on the floor, Dh is 47 and he can too! Got to stay flexible, moving, sewing will make us old fast. Just mad some instant coffe the brewed is all gone...while waiting on microwave did some stretches...grab the front of the stove....stick that hiney out there....stretch forward....hold it...man my legs are stiff today..do you feel the pull? Good job girls(and guys).
I can lay my palms on the floor too but from a sitting postion. LOL. Had to jump in.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Thanks for a wonderful laugh y'all! Did you know that laughing is a great way to lose some weight? Also, it helps with mental health. Thanks again for all the comments, I feel SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
GOOD MORNING to you! :) I'm a big stretcher too - especially in the morning and often throughout the day.

When sewing I have my ironing board and cutting area away from my sewing machine, so I'm hardly sitting for long lengths of time.

I use a clock radio that has the 1 HOUR sleep timer on it. I press it - sew during that hour - and when the radio shuts off I do something else for a few minutes... flip a load of laundry, run upstairs for food or drink, walk the tread mill for a few minutes...you get the idea.

I agree - use it or lose it!
What a great idea, I just watch the clock and get up and move after an hour and a half, but I try to stretch more often, anytime. Setting the timer on stove so I have to get up and shut it off...1 hour...here we go!
Dontcha hate the sound of that timer? They must make them that way so we get right up just to shut it up ;)