Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK, I'll bring it up...quilted gifts for the holidays...what have you got going? >

OK, I'll bring it up...quilted gifts for the holidays...what have you got going?

OK, I'll bring it up...quilted gifts for the holidays...what have you got going?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 AM

I am making quilted christmas stockings, rag purse, knitted scarves, I also bought some fleece and serged the edges for a blanket, a rag lap quilt.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 AM

Hi! Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I'm working on a denim rag quilt for my 6yo daughter and one for my 8yo step-nephew. I'm also working on fabric gift bags for family, in assorted sizes. I made my own last year and everyone loved them so much, they want their own!

I also want to try some of the quilted bookmarks that I saw posted before. Those are so cute, I know my reader friends would love them.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Because time is getting short, I am making "green" shopping bags. They are easy and quick.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM

I am making one quilt for my mom, 2 fleece vests for 2 of my nieces, and 2 mini quilts for a niece and nephew.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

I've been busy getting things ready for the few craft shows we do locally and working full time outside the home. And along the way I've made things for all of our family members this Christmas.
As for quilted items, so far 23 table runners, 7 bargello tree skirts, 40 pot holders, 24 ornaments, 12 steering wheel covers, 10 evening bags, 7 wall hangings, 5 lap quilts and 2 full size quilts. This doesn't include any of the handsewn stuffed animals I make from old coats and clothing or all the marshmallow shooters my hubby makes for the shows. We've been very busy and I have a wonderful husband that keeps the house clean and cooks when I get into the crafting mode. We take the profits and travel with the funds. It's been a blessing for us over the past 25+ years. Along with meeting new people, catching up with some dear crafting buddies, we also get to go places we don't normally have the money for.
As for fabric, we do this when we travel, we search second hand stores, shop JoAnn's sales, local quilt shops and on-line with a few sources like Connecting Threads & Hancocks.
So much to do, so little time - make the best of what comes your way.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 PM

I shop all over. Whatever store that has the fabric I need gets my money. I have made 3 quilts. 120 x120 machine embroidered then quilted. 3 aprons, 8 sets of pillow cases, 4 tree skirts and 5 wall hangings.. lol... I'm all done for this year.. Next week I'll be looking for designs for my 2010 gifts... I LOVE TO QUILT!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 PM

What is a "green" grocery bag? Is it the crocheted strips of plastic bags?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyGail
What is a "green" grocery bag? Is it the crocheted strips of plastic bags?
Thanks
It's a bag you take to the store to pack and carry your own groceries rather than using the plastic ones from the store. Some stores are offering bags with their logos for purchase, but many quilters prefer to make pretty ones. There are some fabulous bag patterns on the market.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM

LOL....the only quilt I'm working on for the holidays is for my son's girlfriend...my sister, mom and nieces are balking (probably because THEY haven't gotten one from me yet!! :roll: ) The way I figure it, I buy the fabric, I spend the time...I choose who gets them, right?!?! LOL

I'm actually really excited about it, it's the first quilt I've made that I'm COMPLETELY happy with....my first with a mitered border....LOL...wait, this post wasn't really about me, was it.... :lol:
Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by scrap quilter
Does anyone out there have a good pattern for a teddy bear???
Have been wanting to make some scrapy looking ones.
Would love to make several for Christmas.

Scrap
I use Carol's patterns for my bears. They are just 2 pieces. I've made them out of fuzzy fabric and out of cotton fabric. I'm sure you can make your own scrappy fabric and then use her pattern. I think McCall's carried them. If not, try a Google for Carol's Bears.