Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OMG, did I luck out!

Power Poster
    Lucky you. You need to get that machine home. Send your whole family, friends, neighbors etc out to work.

Congratulations! She'll be home before you know it!

Blog Entries
    Look at you guys! What a bunch you are! So proud to be one of you! Here I am bragging about MY good fortune and I get 4 pages of congratulations! It is so great to be able to share news like this and not feel as if I'm going "neener neener neener". Interesting that it was because I was taking my DC, visiting from Canada who started me on this quilting journey to that shop on that particular day....Oh, my! Now, to go with my Guilt Quilt (Quilty Pleasures) I have the Guilt QuiltER!

Wish I could get the user's manual now so I can drool and read all about her before I get her home....now for a name!

Great find there! I know you are excited - lucky lady!

I'll bet you can get an extra copy of the manual, maybe even online. I once thought I lost mine and bought another. Of course, I found the original (can you say clean up your sewing room?). But I find it's handy having two....I can always find one of them. Now, are you sure you can stand the added excitement of reading all that your Machine can do in addition to the anticipation of getting it?

Woohooo!!!!! And it has some "extra" goodies with it. I hope the money comes together quickly.

PRAISE!! I can "hear" your excitement. That's great!! I'm happy for you!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
    I'll bet you can get an extra copy of the manual, maybe even online. I once thought I lost mine and bought another. Of course, I found the original (can you say clean up your sewing room?). But I find it's handy having two....I can always find one of them. Now, are you sure you can stand the added excitement of reading all that your Machine can do in addition to the anticipation of getting it?
    Oh, already did that! (reading up on the features). I "visit" it on-line regularly and have read all the reviews. Haven't found any site for a manual (wait, I'll have to try Pfaff.com) believe me I've looked!

And to add to the excitement...my DC flew home last night and I found a couple of payments worth folded under my phone! After I ran to check the bedroom phone........... LOL, I had a stiff drink and bawled!

How sweet, to leave the money were you could find it. That's so great that now you are getting closer to bringing the new baby home!! I'm soooo happy for you.

As you can see, we are ALL happy for you! I got my extra manual by ordering it from my pfaff dealer. I wonder if when you go in to make a payment (thank you DC) if you asked them to order a manual for you they would possibly let you take YOUR manual now?

That is wonderful, you will appreciate it all the more.

well I do need my car washed and windows hope the price is right lol youre cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundy
    well I do need my car washed and windows hope the price is right lol youre cute
    If you're in hiding I can't possibly...!

Hooray for you! What I'm amazed at is that they will hold it on layaway for you! I hope you get it in half the time! Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Wow! You've been a real good girl for the sun to shine so brightly on you. Keep putting all of your change in a bottle and turn it in once a month and add that to your regular payment and you'll have it in no time. Hugs!

I think we all should send her a dollar to help her on her way.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Good for you, I am doing the happy limp :lol: . I wish I could help you. Maybe tell your children that you want that for a early Christmas gift. enjoy and God bless. Penny

Blog Entries
    I am happy for you, too! Now, make sure that everyone knows that you want cash towards your machine for every occasion this year. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Ya think I haven't been throwing hints around far and wide? LOL. I've put a penny jar by our mailbox, my front porch, on my car hood, 3 in the barn....And reminding everyone that Aug 21st is my 69th birthday? (Don't you dare, my friends! I'm just being funny...sort of) Think I'll have a T-shirt made with a BIG pocket that says, "Free my Guilty Quilter!".

Wish my darn hens would end their "lay-off". 4 of them and one or two eggs a day? Oh, well the babies are almost ready to start! *sigh*

Lucky you! No you won't have time for the horses, etc because you'll be in your sewing space!

Good for you. I got my Babyloc embroidery machine the same way. I went in hoping only for the bottom of the line starter and got a used Ellageo for less $. I was so excited.

WoW. Congrats.

Blog Entries
    Brendadawg I'm happy for you! It being soc sec day I just plopped down another $50!

I received a donation of almost 400 different quilting magazines, some from the 80's and 90's in pristine condition and will be posting them on the boards classifieds. Some are whole years! And we're going to have a barn/house garage sale. too. Only $800 to go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Went to a large fabric store yesterday with my cousin and had to go to the attached sewing center for bobbins. While there, I drooled over the Pfaff Expressions machines as usual. Then I noticed the 2.0 was on sale and was about $1100. On payments I could do that, just barely. The sales gal came over and we tried it, I loved it and then she said she had a returned 3.0 for sale for cheaper! A sewer bought it, used it a few times and decided she really wanted the 4.0! So she traded it in that morning!

I got it for $1000 with all warranties, lessons and etc. as if brand new! Plus she'd bought a single-hole plate and other accessories which she will thrown in for me!

Its on layaway and I've already paid $50! So in a year it may be home! Anyone need their car washed? need their garden weeded, dog walked....?
    Update, update! Went to visit Guilty Quilter today and noticed the price on a brand-new one was $2079 !! My DD took me so she could make a large payment on mine for my birthday! I love her! Selling the magazines and books has been helping, too so it may not take as long as I feared! He's so beautiful! I practically have the manual memorized!

Congratulations to you!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast