Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ooops! got caught >

Ooops! got caught

Ooops! got caught

Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Mine teases me that he will come home one day to find me trapped under a fabric avalanche.. hee hee.. He will never tell me not to buy fabric.. He loves that I quilt.. Tells me often that his mom would be so proud of me knowing I picked up her hobby and love it so much.. He suggests I sell them, but I just like buying the fabric - lots of it too- making them and then just give them away as gifts.. I do get a grumble from time to time from him when dinners late or laundry begins to pile up.. Yea sometimes I just get into the groove and hide-out in my sewing room for days.. lol..
Old 11-13-2010, 07:34 PM

DH is well trained, he knows where his limits are to telling me what to buy. LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125962.gif  
Old 11-13-2010, 07:40 PM

I just placed an order too with CT. Mine is mostly thread but a few yards of fabrics--wanted to see how their batiks are. Supposedly free shipping but does not apply to Alaska. $7 for shipping and it will be split with another person. Not too bad. They have new thread out I wanted to try on my Lizzie.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM

I think it's our patriotic duty to keep that almighty dollar spinning! :thumbup:
Old 11-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Ah, yet another plus for not being married!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Same problem here. I just got an order from Fabric Depot and DH was home to collect the mail. He doesn't complain though. He's into cameras so his packages are a lot more expensive.
I got my order from Fabric Depot today also. My husband got the mail but knows better than to say anything negative. He's into baseball cards, and he gets way more packages in the mail than I do. I don't complain about his obsession, and he doesn't complain about mine. Works for us :thumbup:
Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 PM

You know no one ever tells coin collectors to spend those coins, no one tells stamp collectors to send some mail, no one tells baseball card collectors to go put those things on their bikes so it will sound like a motor (cause what purpose does a baseball card have?)..... So why do they think we have to use our fabric?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Whenever I read threads like this one I just laugh and smile.
We are all so much alike!! :D
My husband is great but one day I asked him to help me in my sewing room, long story.
A couple of days later he said to me "No wonder you were so overwhelmed. I got nervous just being in there with all that stuff !" lol
Old 11-13-2010, 08:56 PM

I seem to have the opposite problem than most of u here... my sweet hubby is my enabler... I go to the store to get a yard and sez.. go ahead and get 2 just in case... * sigh*... I just smile and say , yes dear. who am I to argue?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

No husband here but my kids know when fabric comes in the mail Mom is going to be so happy. And they support my habit.