Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ooops! got caught >

Ooops! got caught

Ooops! got caught

Old 11-13-2010, 06:24 PM

My package from Connecting Threads.com came in the mail today.
While DH was home. I got caught. 28 different 1/2 yards of fabric plus the 21 fat quarters I purchased on Veteran's Day. He doesn't seem to understand the quilt process. He wanted to know when I was going to start sewing quilts. I think I like just buying fabric. I have a few more pieces coming from ebay and Joann's. I guess I'll have to stop looking at fabric. I see sales and I need to buy. Fat quarters are $2.79 and $3.00 at the stores I go too, so when I find it at that price for a yard I need it.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM

LOL..... I feel your pain! Don't be discouraged, it's ok! :)
Old 11-13-2010, 06:31 PM

Heheheheheh mine came yesterday, I got two boxes from two different places, and DH was at work. Just about as many, only yards, not 1/2 yds. Tell him about how the price is going up. I told my DH that and he told me to buy. He also told me to sell my quilts, but I'm not good enough for that. I love buying material. And I blame this quilt board for me going broke. LOL Every time they tell me some place on line is having a great sale, or going out of business, I buy. And I will continue at least until the price goes up. boo hoo on that!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm just lucky that my husband likes to buy woodworking tools as much as I like to buy fabric. Well... maybe that makes me unlucky, both of us spending at the same time. Oh well, we both work hard for it and we deserve it. My Fed Ex guy must be looking out for me, or he's married to a quilter, or maybe he likes to quilt himself because he has started leaving my packages on the back porch instead of the front porch. We only use the back door on weekends usually. I check my emails and that little tracking link. It's a good thing I internet through my phone. I know exactly when my package is delivered and when to go check the back door.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:42 PM
np3
Power Poster

I always get caught. Fortunately he likes to golf....a lot. And that is an expensive hobby too.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:57 PM

I just got my fabric from Connecting Threads today 8 yds.

First time I have ever bought from them. But I will be a regular now! It is beautiful and the quality is out of this world!!Dh is home but he doesn't ever say a word.He's grrrreat! :thumbup:
Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 PM

I get drawn in with the 50 - 60% off sales... I only NEED 1/2 yard of ONE type fabric... leave the store with $100 + fabrics. Today, mom and I went to Hancock's and we only needed 1/2 yard flannel and the appliquéd adhesive stuff...5 - 1/2 yards cuts of flannel blenders, 5 yards of flannel for 2 baby quilts, 2 pieces of fabric for the IRR3 2nd round fabric & the applique' stuff later... we left... $45 poorer but losts of pretty fabric richer :D
Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Berta48
I just got my fabric from Connecting Threads today 8 yds.

First time I have ever bought from them. But I will be a regular now! It is beautiful and the quality is out of this world!!Dh is home but he doesn't ever say a word.He's grrrreat! :thumbup:
My DH never says anything either ... we both have our own hobbies so I don't complain about the money he spends on his and he doesn't complain about mine.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM

I tell my DH that it is a woman's job to help keep the economy going. Buying fabric creates jobs for quilt store owners and employees, fabric mill workers, truck drivers have to bring it to the stores..and the list goes on. So being a patriotic person,......I spend, spend, spend. ( within reason, of course, lol ) That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 PM

Same problem here. I just got an order from Fabric Depot and DH was home to collect the mail. He doesn't complain though. He's into cameras so his packages are a lot more expensive.