Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ooops! got caught >

Ooops! got caught

Ooops! got caught

Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM

I told DH tonight that I ordered another roll of batting from Joann's. All he did was shrug his shoulders and say, "As long as I have coffee in the house, I don't care what you buy." What a guy! :)
Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 PM

When dh stops buying tools and beer, I'll stop buying fabric! Dont see that happening anytime soon, so lets go shopping!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:29 PM

And the owner of our LQS says the price of our fabrics will soon be going up.....
Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mooly
Ah, yet another plus for not being married!
LOL!! Here, Here!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:06 AM

I just got a small package of fabrics Thursday from the Fabric Diva and expecting another package on Monday from Fabrics.com. This one will be fruit ladies. Probably going to make a tote bag or bow tuck out of it. Though I did order enough to send to my long-time quilting friend up in Alaska. I think she will love the fruit ladies!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
I get drawn in with the 50 - 60% off sales... I only NEED 1/2 yard of ONE type fabric... leave the store with $100 + fabrics. Today, mom and I went to Hancock's and we only needed 1/2 yard flannel and the appliquéd adhesive stuff...5 - 1/2 yards cuts of flannel blenders, 5 yards of flannel for 2 baby quilts, 2 pieces of fabric for the IRR3 2nd round fabric & the applique' stuff later... we left... $45 poorer but losts of pretty fabric richer :D
I have been introduced to the Hancocks site and oh my gosh my second lot of material is on its way. I am so excited. Cause i am in SOUTH AFRICA, i do order a rather large amount to make it worth while and cause in my small town we do not have a supplier. So excited. Thinking of buying material and selling material here, but being a small community not many sewers......
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 AM

I had to laugh. It doesn't matter what day of the week I order something it comes on a day my husband is home. Never fails.
Glad I'm not alone. Sounds like you had fun shopping though.
Have fun with all that fabric. :thumbup:
Old 11-14-2010, 12:34 AM

My husband is good about the stuff I order. He says as long as the bills are paid and he has coffee and food and gas to get to work with. Oh and his smokes. If he ever starts to even hint at a complaint I can always do a quick calculation of how much he spends a month on cigarettes. He shuts up real quick. Luckily he only smokes outside. Can't have him smelling up my fabric.

My problem is usually feeling that I have to buy enough to get the free shipping. I might only need a little bit, but then the shipping would cost as much as a whole yard, so that would be wasteful, right?

Oh and don't even get me started on the sewing machines. There is always another pretty one I need.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 AM

I have LOTS of boxes of fabric! My husband is a railway modeller he has been collecting for nearly 60yrs I.ve only been quilting for 15yrs! NO CONTEST!! (He.s winning so far BUT I am trying hard to catch up!!!! LOL
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 AM

I have LOTS of boxes of fabric! My husband is a railway modeller he has been collecting for nearly 60yrs I.ve only been quilting for 15yrs! NO CONTEST!! (He.s winning so far BUT I am trying hard to catch up!!!! LOL