Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on Grace Frams >

Opinions on Grace Frams

Opinions on Grace Frams

Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaSue View Post
I, too have a problem with bowing on my "new to me" Inspira frame. What is conduit pole and where does one get it. Sounds as if that may alleviate the problem.
conduit pipe is what the electrician runs wires through--usually a strong metal or very rigid plastic--check at a Lowe's orHome Depot or lumberyard.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaSue View Post
I, too have a problem with bowing on my "new to me" Inspira frame. What is conduit pole and where does one get it. Sounds as if that may alleviate the problem.

She is talking about electrical conduit poles not pvc poles....pvc would bend really bad in the middle. You can get conduit poles at any store like Lowes or Home Depot.

David
Old 09-03-2016, 04:53 AM

I too have a Grace frame for sale, I never had any problem with the rollers bending but I did change out the plastic tracks for stainless steel. I had an 15" Bailey quilter on it (sold) they are a very affordable mid-arm. It didn't take long for me to know that I loved frame quilting and wanted more bells and whistles so a few years later when I had saved more I got an Innova. The grace frame I have is very sturdy and sets up in 3 sizes, I think it's the top or at least near the top of their line.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:07 AM

I started out with a Grace Pro frame and a Viking MegaQuilter 9", moved up to a Juki stretched 18" before moving on to an Innova on their frame. The Grace frame served me well for the years I had her. I had her set up at 10' and actually got 10' 9" of width from her. I did add conduit poles to beef up her sagging aluminium poles and then added metal tracking when I moved from Florida to Iowa. When I gave her away, I had a couple come from Ohio to pick her up and they seemed to be thrill with both upgrades. They took the conduit poles too which I hadn't expected. Anyway, I felt I got my money's worth from the frame and never had issues other than those I mentioned above with the upgrades.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:09 AM

Kathy, you don't show anything about your quilt frame on your site listed above. Just wanted you to know that.