Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on Grace Frams >

Opinions on Grace Frams

Opinions on Grace Frams

Old 03-06-2016, 11:59 PM

Default Opinions on Grace Frams

Hi. Would anyone using the Grace Quilt frame please share their experience. I have been quilting for quite awhile. Would now like to do my own quilting. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:51 AM

You need to sure you have room for the machine as well as space to walk all round. I forgot the later and had to place it in a different location than I wanted. I have mine set up with a juki machine and the combination works well for me. I have in time purchased the red snappers which makes loading so much quicker.
i sometimes fell the set up is flimsy but no problems really. I really enjoy the frame. When I did my first quilt I got carried away and did 2-3 hours none stop. For the next two days I could hardly move my arms so be careful.
It is the cheap version of a long arm set up. If I could have afforded the big set up I would have purchased it as the size of the throat in a domestic machine which goes on the frame limits its use to a few inches on each run.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

I have a Grace New Generation frame and a Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter. I love them. Couldn't afford long arm machine. Have had it about 8 years now.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

The Grace company makes lots of different frames for both hand and machine quilting. Which model are you considering?
Old 03-07-2016, 08:00 AM

I have a frame with a jukie machine. It works well for me if I just meander. The throat space is limited, so I haven't been able to do much with FMQ. It does work if I'm in a hurry to get something out.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:33 AM

My 1st frame was a Grace Pro and I loved it. Used 2 different machines on it during my time with it. Didn't care for the poles as they would bow so slipped a conduit pole over them to beef them up. Changed out the plastic piece the wheels roll over to a metal "T" strip too. Only problem was I couldn't seem to sell it so gave it away. A couple from another state came and got it so they must have thought it worth the trouble and distance. It was well made and easy to take apart to move to another location.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 AM

I started quilting using the original Grace frame. I also purchased the "pattern perfect" boards with it and loved it. I would still be using that set-up, but my husband purchased an Innova for me several years ago. I still have the frame and the "pattern perfect" boards if anyone is interested in purchasing them. If not, I will keep them. I quilted many, many quilts with that set-up and loved it. There is a yahoo group out there for grace frames.....you might want to check that out and see their comments, etc. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
My 1st frame was a Grace Pro and I loved it. Used 2 different machines on it during my time with it. Didn't care for the poles as they would bow so slipped a conduit pole over them to beef them up. Changed out the plastic piece the wheels roll over to a metal "T" strip too. Only problem was I couldn't seem to sell it so gave it away. A couple from another state came and got it so they must have thought it worth the trouble and distance. It was well made and easy to take apart to move to another location.
I, too have a problem with bowing on my "new to me" Inspira frame. What is conduit pole and where does one get it. Sounds as if that may alleviate the problem.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:13 PM

She is probably talking about PVC pipe that you buy from a hardware store or something very similar.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:19 PM

I love my Grace Queen frame which l keep at our home in Fla. I use it with my 15" Bailey home quilter. I love the canted rails ...the back wheels of the carriage are double, one one either side of he rails. Plastic coating on these metal rails keep it quiet and smooth as glass.The height is comfortable. I got it used, and the previous owner added a center leg for support. At home in Canada, l use a half size Inspira frame, and find it's not nearly as solid.Also the lnspira is meant to use the pantograph shelf...so when not doing a panto, it's hard to see below the shelf, and the machine is pretty low causing me to stoop.

Last edited by stitch678; 09-02-2016 at 06:21 PM.