Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted ...help!!

Black sashing would be nice also.

I am with Sharon. I would do a very narrow black sashing now more then 1 inch or no sashing.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonTheriault View Post
    I think the white sashing takes away from the blocks. A dark sashing might work better. Personally I like it without the sashing. Quite the riot of color.
    Anna Quilts

Well, I am anxious to see what you decide. There have been so many suggestions. I am in the minority though, as I like the white sashing. I like white in quilts though, and I know that many quilters don't.

What a pretty quilt it will be, whatever you decide.

Dina

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    I would sash with a blue that matches the brilliant dark blue in your squares. The white really turns me off.
    I agree. Though I might try audition the yellow or green in the blocks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    I have 26 of the 30 blocks for this quilt finished so I am posting 12 of them showing all 15 fabrics in the collection. These were 2 jelly rolls and a bundle of FQs I found last year at Tues Morning in clearance section- maybe the colors were too vivid for prior customers. Free Spirit April Showers Bring Sunflowers http://freespiritfabric.com/core-pag...php?gal_id=293

I decided to whip out the Strip Tube Ruler and start cutting and make the Daniela Block following directions in the ruler packaging. Now the question - to sash or not to sash? All opinions and suggestions welcome... I pulled out Marcus Bros. White Lites but I also have Kona white.

The blocks are wild and bright! Let them be!...............
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    I love these fabrics!!! I like the blocks either way but for a different approach, how would they look "on point" with sashing? That might give a totally different look. But whatever you decide will look great !!
    If the blocks are set on point, the inner design is going to be square with the world. Since the inner is what makes the blocks pop, I'd say, leave them as presented.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I like the sashing because my eyes then enjoy the colors of each block. Without sashing it seems to just get confused to me. But either way I am sure you will enjoy it.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    I really like it without sashing. It is beautiful fabric.

i agree that the white sashing doesn't enhance the design. might work if you used cornerstones though. Otherwise, i also like the idea of a narrow black sashing. The quilt is bright and the black would make it dramatic. nice fabrics. i probably would have bought them as well.

elm
    Love it with the sashing. Allows my eyes to focus and really makes the colors pop.

I would sash. The individual blocks show all the lovely colors. with out , it is (IMHO) just a mash of colors. But you do what ever you want. That's what it is all about...smile

I would put sashes around the blocks. I like it better that way.

I like it without the sashing, but if you really want sashing, I'd use dark color as opposed to the white.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    Very pretty, colorful blocks. I would sash with black or navy blue.

Blog Entries
    I like it better without. But, it really depends on how your going to use the quilt. If your using it on the back of a couch or a picnic or car quilt....you don't want to use white. But, if your using it for something fancier....maybe a sashing is the right way to go. I love it without, because I love the bright and unstructered look of it. It speaks to the "rule breaker" in me. lol
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    I'd use a blue sashing. In addition to giving the eye a place to rest, you won't go nuts trying to line up all those points. Why do I say that? I'm in the process of making a Square in a Square quilt, and I'm just about fed up with matching points!

I would do it with a narrower sashing than in the picture. Don't think I'd want white in mine - possibly black or blue. It will be a great quilt. I love the bright colors and the blocks you are making.

Sash!! I think its too busy otherwise. you loss each block

I would like to see your blocks sashed. But I hope you will audition some colors as I think that the white is too drastic.

Blog Entries
    I don't care for the white sashing. I think lt.blue or the lite green would be nice. Whatever you decide, it is going to be a beautiful quilt when completed. Please post a pic when you finish it.

Blog Entries
    I like it either way, but if you use sashing, use one of the colors and the bright ones would be in keeping with the festive nature of the quilt. I would love to own it. Good job.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

I like them with the sashing. It gives the eye a place to rest, since they are wonderfully active blocks.

I adore your quilt and would not sash nor would I bind.
    Merivale
    Australia.

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    I think sashing would really set the blocks off and I like the idea of a dark color sashing with such vivid, pretty colors.
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaquilts44 View Post
    Personally I would sash the blocks. My eye needs the separation so I can enjoy each block and not get confused with it all at once.
    I agree! Sashing is needed but not nessasarily white. I would choose one of the colors in your blocks and use that. It should be a solid, perhaps a blue or green. IMO

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast