Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordering from e-bay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21
    I have bought and sold many things on Ebay....last week for the first time, I bought fabric....two beautiful jelly rolls of 30's reproduction fabric for 10.00 each and free shipping...they just arrived yesterday and they are excellent...also bought precut batik 2 inch squares and was happy with them...as everyone else has said, check the feedback rating.
    I have purchased from Ebay and have always been very satisfied. I have always wanted to try selling, but haven't attempted it yet. Any suggestions on that end?

Have made quite a few purchases from eBay...and have never been disappointed. I usually concentrate on charm squares....and have gotten the greatest deals ever! Do check out the sellers' feedback....a few negatives or neutrals may pop up - don't let that scare you. People sometimes get their knickers in a twist and post neg feedback for the stupidest of reasons.... Jump in and start small....like charm squares or larger squares....they make wonderful quilts!

i was at Joann's one day and a woman was buying a cart load of fabric. Not just a few yards but whatever was on the bolt.
    I asked her what she was making with all that fabric and she said she had an eBay store. I was frankly a bit shocked. To think that she is selling the clearance Joann's fabric kind of upset me. You know she is going to sell if for more than she bought it for and charge shipping. So, be careful....

Yes, I do buy from ebay fabric sellers, I've always been pleased with the fabric. Just check out the sellers feedback before placing a bid to purchase.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Your baby in your avatar is just adorable! I love pugs!

Blog Entries
    Shelley...of course she is! Thats the whole point!! If she wasn't going to make money then why bother? Its a lot of trouble to sell on ebay or etsy. You have to find the product, you have to photograph it, you have to find/buy packaging, you have to list the item, you have to monitor the listing and make sure you reply promptly to email questions, you have to then email the winner of the auction, package the goods, take them to the PO...and for all that you might make a couple fo $, oh and then wait forever hoping that the buyer will leave positive feedback. So...good for the lady for finding a source for fabric that she can make a couple of bucks on.

I've had good luck both buying and selling on ebay...its one of my favorite sites..do check the description carefully and don't buy from someone if you don't feel comfortable with any of their feedback

Blog Entries
    I always buy charm packs and Jinny Beyers and Kaffe Fassett
    FQ's. Never been unhappy.

PJO

I buy material off from E-bay and have been very pleased with the quality and price.

Yes, buy fabric and notions all the time from eBay and have done alot of repeat business. The fabric has been great and the prices even better.

I order from material from ebay all the time. It is beautiful and you can hit some sales. Go to fabric.com after spending 35.00 ( which is not hard to do)shipping is free and fast. Be careful it is addictive.
    Fran
    ragamuffin corner

I buy a lot of fabric and notions on Ebay and only once in the past 4 years has a package not arrived. Fabric is so expensive here in Canada and the notions are crazy too. I was at a local shop last week and 1 Olfa blade was $17.99. On Ebay I bought a package of 5 blades for $14.99 plus $4 shipping so for a little more than the cost of 1 blade here I got 5. That is why I like Ebay and I always get good quality fabrics because I watch what I buy and who I buy from. Always check the feedback and how they respond to your questions.

community benefactor
    I've ordered quite a bit from ebay and have had no bad experiences. I seem to find some sellers I see often that I like their fabric, then will go to their store to see more. They depend on positive feedback, so I would let them know if you are not satisfied.

Susan

I have bought from ebay many times, both yds and squares. I have never been disappointed. I do read feedback from others regarding the seller and I watch the shipping charges

Blog Entries
    i order from e-bay all the time and have been pleased with everything including fabric , i like that i can order bolts of one color for about 2.50 a yd sometime less ,

I buy my jelly rolls from ebay. They are always cheaper than the quilt shops even including shipping. I've never been disappointed.

I buy from ebay all the time and as of yet I have not been disappointed. They hve some great sellers but please read very carefully. Good luck.

I've bought a lot of fabric from ebay, but usually named fabric, Moda, Kaffe Fassett and Liberty mostly. Twice I bought unamed charm squares because they were in a colour I needed but some of them were so thin you could see right through them and I ended up using them in a scrappy quilt.
    As most people on here have said, read the sellers feedback (I only buy from sellers with 100% feedback) and also the item description carefully before buying.

I have bought fabric from ebay and have been very pleased. I always pay attention to the feedback though... some people aren't as honest as you expect them to be.

I live out in the boonies, at least 40 miles one way to nearest fabric tore... So, I've bought a good bit from ebay that is quilt related. I have purchased over 100 times and have only been dissatisfied twice. Once I ordered 2" red strips, and I got BRICK strips which couldn't be used with what I wanted. The second disappointing time, I ordered 5" charm squares and at least 1/2 of the squares were very thin, cheap fabric. I've learned my lesson, at least on the quality part. I have purchased LOTS of magazines and books; never been disappointed.

I buy a lot from Ebay as well and have been very happy doing so for years. I also pay attention to the Seller's Feedback before I buy from them. :wink:

Blog Entries
    I have bought fabric on ebay and had good luck. I stick with brands I know, Moda, etc. Always received what I expected.

I've gotten quite a bit of fabric from eBay. The yardage was of good weight for the most part. Once when I ordered a fabric out of Canada, assuming that it was probably a little darker than the pic showed, it came looking EXACTLY like the pic! Had to find the right color elsewhere.
    I have also ordered precut squares, but won't again unless they are name brand packets. You never know what thin wimpy ugly shoddy gingham or something they might stick in there!
    And pay good mind to the shipping charges, they can be ridiculous!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    I've shopped a lot on Ebay for fabric and other items. Check the feedback, the description of the item and make sure you check the location of the seller. Most people on Ebay are very honest and just trying to make a buck like the rest of us in life. If they sell you something you're unhappy with, quietly contact them and let them know. It's very sad to see new people to Ebay buy one thing and then go off the deep end over their purchase. HAVE FUN SHOPPING :):) You can shop in you jammies..... what could be funner that?
    Not to mention, the fun of the bidding.

I have bought (fabric and other items) and sold (not fabric) and have been satisfied on both ends.

Ebay knows me well, i buy a lot lately from there, you just have to be careful, you have to read what they are saying and read between the lines, plus I buy online more than local

I buy tons of fabric off ebay, I know what your saying about touching the fabric, I have an obsession with Moda fabric but I have never had a problem with any buys off ebay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast