Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ordering from e-bay

Like your little "imocon" quilting, really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I have been happy with fabric purchases, but I won't buy cut squares that are not name brands because some of the fabrics are paper thin.
    I did that one time from an E-bay seller. When I got them they were OK but not a very good quality fabric. It looked like they were cut from someone's stash :( I have also bought Moda Jelly Rolls, etc. from E-bay and gotten some good deals even with shipping, but be careful that by the time you bid (if it's not a Buy Now) and add the shipping you're not spending more than what you could have gotten it from your LQS or a store online.

I have ordered and was very pleased with what I got.

I have bought on ebay. I check the seller out and also check the shipping cost, sometimes it is more than a quilt shop. The times I have order4ed I have been happy with the fabric and service. But I usually only buy fabric by the manufactors that I know.

I have ordered from ebay. But I tend to stick with fabric I've already seen at other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    Hi all,

I really enjoy the feel of cloth. My LQS is my place of calm. However, I was browsing through ebay and the prices seem really good. Interesting cloth selection. Have you ever ordered material from ebay? Was it good quality? Were you happy with the process?

As usual, I remain

CLUELESS

I buy from e-bay to find certain colors or themes to add to a quilt. Also, since I live in Florida it is hard to find a nice selection of flannels to use when I make snuggly kids quilts. I do not buy precut...truthfully cause I'm a little OCD about it being cut right. Like the others I check the sellers rating and I read the feedback.

I have ordered from E-bay and have several sellers that are well worth the time to go through whats being sold. If there is a start price... I take into acct how much fabric, for example I like a quanity of fabrics, i.e 5 of 1 yards to be used for a pick 5 quilt.. anyway I divide what quanity into the inital price. If it comes out less or at least $4.00 a yard, I will watch it until I see if there is any increases along the way. If it's fabric that I recognized and have a general idea of the price per yard, then I will think what is the most I want to pay. And then I make my decision as to bidding on it. I have seen fabric that would normally sell for $9.00 a yard and if it's really a great fabric, I will watch the bidders because by the time you add the shipping into it, sometimes you are not saving a dime.

I understand that people sell on eBay to make money. I just prefer not to get cheap Joann's fabric for more than it is worth. I feel some eBay sellers can be very misleading.

I have found since being on this site to always measure your fabric once you have it delivered to see if it is what you asked for.

Hi all,

I really enjoy the feel of cloth. My LQS is my place of calm. However, I was browsing through ebay and the prices seem really good. Interesting cloth selection. Have you ever ordered material from ebay? Was it good quality? Were you happy with the process?

As usual, I remain

CLUELESS
    Love your pug! Never bought fabric on ebay, but sure do a number on the vintage sewing stuff!

Blog Entries
    I have purchased fabric on a ebay store before and it was just fine. Great price and I really got the fabric I had been looking for. I would just look at the sellers feedback and that should help .

Have bought from ebay and from quilt shops online. Once you find your favorite sellers, you can be assured of getting a good deal. Some of the online sellers have great prices for moda or other lines that you can buy by the name of the line and pattern. Their prices can be around $5 a yard for quilt store quality. You can't beat it if you're careful who you buy from and buy by known name, like moda for example. Have Fun. Love getting those UPS deliveries!!

I have always been happy with my fabric purchases from e-bay. I have a few specific Sellars I do business with and for the others, I read everything on their listing, if they do not have enough pics or information on the item in question, I do not buy from them. I also go by their score and if they have below a certain % for teh amount of items they have sold, I do not buy. Customer Service is important to me even on Net so I am choosy. Occasionally you will get a knucklehead as I did when I purchased a Singer 99K that arrived damaged. Then, you just stick up for your self and do what you need to get the return and refund albeit in a nice way.

If you want the names of who I like, PM me and I will get it to you.

wvdek, I have trouble pming...it keeps saying wrong user name. Maybe u can pm me with some of your sellers you have purchased fabric from and was pleased with it. Thanks, Margaret

I just tried and had no problem getting to wvdek's name. maybe you did some thing wrong.

I buy all sorts of things on ebay, but always look at the feed back, I have only been disapointed once and had no satisfaction from the seller who refused to send me the product I won at a really good price, so i gave him a very negative feedback, it went to arbitration and all that happened was he gave me a negative feedback too, when I went to the board they said he had the right to refuse me the sale. (why put something up for sale if you don't honor it) I didn't check his feedback.
    he is no longer listed as a seller.

I have been buying my printer ink on EBay and I recently had my first winning bid for a doll for my niece to add to her other to make a pair.

I have only purchased charm packs from e-bay. They are Moda packs - cut and packaged by Moda. Never bought any other fabric from e-bay, though I have heard others have done well. Good luck.

i have also bought several pieces off ebay. to me they are just as good as lqs fabric. you might also check esty.com for fabric they are some good stuff on there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    I just tried and had no problem getting to wvdek's name. maybe you did some thing wrong.
    Annya, could you copy and paste and PM them to Eightlady for me from teh PM I sent you, please.

I do not know how to do that but if you send her your email address maybe she can tell you herself that way. sorry am still new at this. :( if your name is Judith I can. sorry had a bad night.

Blog Entries
    Hi all,

As usual, I remain

CLUELESS
    I have purchased quite a bit of fabric from e-bay and have ben really happy with the price. Yesterday I bought 2 pkgs of 4 inch blocks (20 blocks per pkg). I paid .89 for each pkg. Of course then you have to pay postage which is usually much higher than the fabric!!! I'm happy anyway.

One word of warning: Be careful - - you can get ADDICTED to Ebay! I just came off a 2 month Ebay buying spree. Now I won't even let myself go LOOK, because I CAN'T JUST LOOK. I always end up bidding on SOMETHING. I have dozens of charm packs and several layer cakes that I probably won't even use, and my dining room table is covered with batik fat quarters. So don't let it get out of hand. Finding fabric in the mailbox is a high that I love, but I had to stop.

The sellers feedback is a good rule of thumb!

I bought to much on eBay for a while and yes some fab's too and my Featherweight and it was all just fine....

Good luck,
    ConnieF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast