Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paris Texas 1931 Friendship Quilt Top >

Paris Texas 1931 Friendship Quilt Top

Paris Texas 1931 Friendship Quilt Top

Old 07-10-2011, 03:19 PM

This is Korrine, Joanne's Daughter-in-law. My grandmother gave me these quilt top pieces when my whole family moved back to Texas. None of them are quilters so they gave us the squares in hope that we can put it together since my mother in law is a quilter. We are planning to take pictures of the squares tonight for ya'll and I can list the names now.

Fay Guin
Lucile Martin
Jon Etta
Myrtle L. McNeal (McNeel, McNeil)
Voncielle
Ema Lu Ary
Mrs. J. C Key (can tell if ther are initals or a name)
Annie Jones
Anna Belle Rawston (Rawthon)
Earl Murphy
John Downing
Loree Downing

My great-grandmother died in Delrio, TX a few years ago. My grandmother took a few things back with her when they sold the house including these album squares. Id love any help you can get or provide. I emailed my grandmother in hopes that she can give me my great-grandmothers information so I can post that here with the pictures in a bit.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM

I just finished emailing a lady from Chicago who is the grand daughter of my grandfather's sister. I will talk to her Tuesday evening. We are both into genealogy and we are both just starting this line. Between quilting and genealogy I need a 48 hour day!!! I hope you all have enjoyed the search as much as I have enjoyed reading about it.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by achancy
Ive had fun doing this. I hope one of the descendants expresses an interest.
Bless your heart... You've been at this for days now.... I'm sure you must be getting tired and would welcome a break...

We are all thankful for your gracious efforts, but please take care of yourself. Do this if you're having fun... but we all know that you have a life of your own, too.

Thank you, Achancy........ for your generous efforts on the behalf of people that you don't even know....

Blessings on you....
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 PM

This is so exciting. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread to see where it leads.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:44 AM

So far Ive found only Annie in Del Rio, and there are several possibilities. Do you have any hints? When do you think these squares were made?

Originally Posted by walkerjoanne44
This is Korrine, Joanne's Daughter-in-law. My grandmother gave me these quilt top pieces when my whole family moved back to Texas. None of them are quilters so they gave us the squares in hope that we can put it together since my mother in law is a quilter. We are planning to take pictures of the squares tonight for ya'll and I can list the names now.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Just found this post today. I do believe it is the most interesting post I have read here. What a wonderful quilt top you have. I thought to print out the names you provided, and check them out on ancestery, but I see achancy has beat me to it. What a great job she is doing! It surely is time consuming. She is to be comended for all her work. I am so glad you are getting so many leads to the names on your quilt top. I will be following this thread..... Do you plan to finish the quilt? I'm not sure what I would do if it were mine. I am so glad it fell into your hands.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by walkerjoanne44

Fay Guin
Lucile Martin
Jon Etta
Myrtle L. McNeal (McNeel, McNeil)
Voncielle
Ema Lu Ary
Mrs. J. C Key (can tell if ther are initals or a name)
Annie Jones
Anna Belle Rawston (Rawthon)
Earl Murphy
John Downing
Loree Downing

My great-grandmother died in Delrio, TX a few years ago. My grandmother took a few things back with her when they sold the house including these album squares. Id love any help you can get or provide. I emailed my grandmother in hopes that she can give me my great-grandmothers information so I can post that here with the pictures in a bit.
Thank you so very much for this additional information.. We are looking forward to seeing your blocks and any additional information that you or grandmother provide...

Hasn't this proved to be exciting! And we have Achancy to thank for bringing life to this old quilt top found in Paris, TX years ago...
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by humbird
Just found this post today. I do believe it is the most interesting post I have read here. What a wonderful quilt top you have. I thought to print out the names you provided, and check them out on ancestery, but I see achancy has beat me to it. What a great job she is doing! It surely is time consuming. She is to be comended for all her work. I am so glad you are getting so many leads to the names on your quilt top. I will be following this thread..... Do you plan to finish the quilt? I'm not sure what I would do if it were mine. I am so glad it fell into your hands.
ACHANCY has really taken hold of this and provided all of us with this adventure and a step back in time... and she is doing a wonderful job..

So far, we don't have a decision on what to do with the quilt top, but this has been such an exciting journey that I'm sure we'll find a destination eventually. I'm glad you found this posting, too..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM

[Anna Belle Rawston (Rawthon)

There a tons of Rawstons in Red River Co. right beside Lamar Co. I am betting they are all kin.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM

[Anna Belle Rawston (Rawthon)

There a tons of Rawstons in Red River Co. right beside Lamar Co. I am betting they are all kin.