Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern for "concealed carry" purse needed >

Pattern for "concealed carry" purse needed

Pattern for "concealed carry" purse needed

Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 PM

I think duck canvas would work good.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 AM

Well, when you get the link or get it made, let's please see it. Hey, this might be an item to make to sell...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 AM

I'm looking for this pattern too.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM

http://alldunndesigns.com/id40.htm ( near the bottom of the page..... they sell a DVD on how to design ur own purse with a secret pocket)

Duck canvas would definately be needed for the lining...

* I am not affliated with this site*
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
http://alldunndesigns.com/id40.htm ( near the bottom of the page..... they sell a DVD on how to design ur own purse with a secret pocket)

I didn't find the item you were talking about. The purse pattern at the bottom had a hidden zipper application. You didn't mean that ,did you?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:35 AM

When I took my conceal carry course, my instructors (swat team members) advised against using a conceal carry purse. They said it is a good possibility your purse could be snatched and then you have just armed a criminal, probably a juvenile. He suggested using a plain looking fanny pack made just for conceal carry. You unzip one short zipper that rides next to your body and the gun is available quickly. I purchased one at a gun show, but only use it to travel from home to the practice range. Never seen a pattern for one but will start looking. There has to be a pattern somewhere!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Stacey
Originally Posted by bluteddi

I didn't find the item you were talking about. The purse pattern at the bottom had a hidden zipper application. You didn't mean that ,did you?
I emailed them. It was my understanding, they do carry a line of secrect pocket purses. But suggested their DVD, that would have patterns, suggestions, tips, etc..... so that u could vary the sz and shape to the gun u carry.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
When I took my conceal carry course, my instructors (swat team members) advised against using a conceal carry purse. They said it is a good possibility your purse could be snatched and then you have just armed a criminal, probably a juvenile. He suggested using a plain looking fanny pack made just for conceal carry. You unzip one short zipper that rides next to your body and the gun is available quickly. I purchased one at a gun show, but only use it to travel from home to the practice range. Never seen a pattern for one but will start looking. There has to be a pattern somewhere!
Hmmm, I never thought about making a type of fanny pack instead. I might just need to think this through. I do carry it in my pocket, when I have one, or in a holster attached to my belt and under my blouse. But sometimes I just flat don't feel comfortable in doing that so I like it better in my purse. But I totally agree with you that you are taking a chance with your purse being snatched and some "unsavory" person being armed. An acquaintance of mine was recently assaulted and robbed of her purse while she was at local Sam's club putting her groceries in her car in broad daylight. It really made me think of what would have happened it that had been me...the robbers would have a pistol because mine would have been in my purse. Once again..I need to research the fanny pack more because that it beginning to make more sense...especially if you could conceal it beneath a blouse.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Ok, folks. I would love to get the pattern, tooo. Any help would be appreciated. I want the pattern. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Ok, folks. I would love to get the pattern, tooo. Any help would be appreciated. I want the pattern. Thanks.