Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pellon "Nature's Touch" 100% cotton batting? >

Pellon "Nature's Touch" 100% cotton batting?

Pellon "Nature's Touch" 100% cotton batting?

Old 07-20-2015, 04:03 AM

yes, i will do that next time. with so many rave reviews for it, i thought i'd be "safe"...its probably a case of the product being better at one time than it is now. if i'm stuck w/ the batting i have, i will just use it for smaller projects and double it. Can someone tell me if this problem would be obvious if dark fabrics and backing? i wonder if it'd still look discolored with the splotchy appearance?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:55 AM

I've never used it, but I think you should notify Pellon, and I'd still try to return it even though no receipt, they will probably give you store credit at least. Most stores will anyway.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:40 AM

I am not at all surprised that a white quilt held up to the sun can be seen thru. Do you have any other quilts with a lot of white that you could hold up to the sun and compare the two. I do not find it to be strange.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:43 AM

Pelon is such a reliable company for stabilizers and such, I would call them or write to let them know the problem, I would think they would take action to rectify the problem. Like someone else said it is probably a quality control issue and they would want to start getting it corrected from within
Old 07-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I only use the brands I have used since they first came out, Hobbs 80/20 and Quilter's Dream.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Since so many receipts are printed on thermal paper, I also make a copy of it an try to keep it away from any heat like a window. With smart phones you can also take a photo of the product and the receipt. I put it in my monthly QT (Quilt tools) purchases.
Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
When buying yarn in multiples or anything in multiples always tape the receipt to one item. Make sure it is the last one to be used. That way an unused item can be returned.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I would send an email to Pellon. Include photos if possible. They are an established company and should address this problem. There is a Pellon rep in my long arm group and I have used a lot of their batts and never have had an issue.
Yes, I agree with this. I have used Pellon's Nature's touch 100 % cotton almost in all quilts since I first came across it about 2 years ago and love it. I really hope the quality hasn't gone down. I just bought a new bolt, haven't yet opened it.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:53 PM

I bought two crib size Pellon 60/40 as it was on sale at JoAnn. I am extremely dissapointed it is so thin. Luckily I cut it for table runners and not a quilt. I prefer Hobbs 80/20 as it has a nice soft feel and quilts up nicely.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 AM

The batting I really love is Warm & Plush. It is about 50% thicker than Warm & Natural. It is very soft and is perfect for trapunto (which is what I have been using the free sample they sent me to work on) or for general quilting. It really show the details nicely. I haven't noticed any issues with seeing through it. JAF doesn't always have it in stock in their stores. Sometimes I see it in certain sizes, other times I don't. Their website seems to stock it regularly.

I am about to place an order for a roll of it to use in a few of my upcoming quilts -- one that's going to be in a show in August & another one that I designed myself and hope to submit for display at 2016 Quilt Week. I can't recommend it highly enough. Might be worth a try if you're like me & prefer to only work with all natural fibers.