Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
the PERFECT quilting/craft room >

the PERFECT quilting/craft room

the PERFECT quilting/craft room

Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 PM

The framing is up on my sewing room, It is not too big 12' X 19' next to 20' x 20' storage barn. I am using graft paper arranging the room... I don't know how soon it will be finished because my sons are building in their spare time. DH is paying for materials and now the weather is heating up, its supposed to 108 on Saturday I don't think the will be wanting to build then. Anyway it is good to dream and I am using a spare bedroom.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Mamagrande, I hear the weather report. We moved to the mountains to get some releaf, but it'll still be hot here on Saturday and I cancelled all trips to Fresno this week and probably next. It's too early for the LONG heat wave.

As to creative quilting studio: I LOVE TO DREAM. I've gotten a lot of my dreams, truely blessed. There are some changes I'd like

Have a seperate room for storage of fabric stash, batting, patterns, books, specialty threads, scraps, WIP. There'd be an 8 ft long 2 ft wide cutting table, pressing station and small design wall for auditioning.

My creation studio would have 3 sections; 1 for long arm and it's accessories, 1 for comfortable seating and tables for hand working, friends to gather and chat and md/lg flat screen with cable with hook-up to computer. The last area is for the get-er-done space. Four permanent sewing machine stations each with storage for tools and thread, design wall, iron and cutting mini station and table space around machine. I love the idea of counter top height surge protector strips. There'd be a full spectrum light strip suspended above each machine/table/cutting station. 8x2 ft cutting station (I'm tall and reaching beyond 2 ft, I loose accuracy and control) with plenty of storage beneth for notions. A paint/dye station. Lots of light in zones, not all over. Fans, HVAC, music, natural light/windows facing north. Can go to the storage room for pressing large pieces. I probably forgot some. I like some things movable so things can be rearranged to accommodate a quilting party with friends. Outdoor seeting

The ongoing question: how to store scraps. I've got a new idea for my real life creation studio: put a 6" deep shelf on top of the closet molding. Using clean gallon pickle jars, sort them by color and make a pretty display. Just a thought.

I think I can make it so for the green things. YES! Dreaming is VERY good!