Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PFAFF  Hobby 1122 >

PFAFF Hobby 1122

PFAFF Hobby 1122

Old 09-06-2010, 05:14 PM

OK, I have a question for the wisest folks in the quilting world.
OK, so I'm sucking up here but it is a valid question that I have. I saw a PFAFF Hobby 1122 for sale for $100.00 and since my only machine I own that runs is my FW I was wondering if this was a good deal?
Here is the ad,
I am selling my Pfaff Hobby 1122 sewing machine. It MSRP's at $349 and is in great condition with the pedal.

Easy to use, smart design!
Everyone can sew with a hobby from Pfaff. They offer just the right variety of features!
A great selection of Pfaff's high-quality stitches (including a buttonhole). Stitch lengths are adjustable up to 4mm.
Easy threading thanks to marked threading paths and a drop-in bobbin! The bobbin thread is picked up automatically.
Oil-free maintenance. Sewing is quiet and smooth, with no oily stains left on your fabric.

That was a quote from their website.

OK here is my question, Is it a good deal? Should I go for it? I did not see that it had any attachments and that kinda scares me. I would like a machine that I can easily quilt with and from what I have seen on PFAFF machines they all had walking feet. This one doesn't appear to be one of those or am I just not seeing it. They had a link to Pfaff usa's website showing the machine there, but it didn't show if it had any extra feet either. Or should I just hold out for an even better Model/machine?
Any advice will be welcomed.
Thanks,
Faith :lol:
:XD:
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 PM

I would definately ask some more questions. I have 2 Pfaff's and love them. You want to ask if it has the IDT which is the "walking foot" function. If it does not, I personally would not buy the machine. As far as extra feet, my 2nd machine was missing some feet (bought it used) and got my 1/4 in and SID feet off Ebay really cheap.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:58 PM

I don't know about IDT on an entry level machine. I don't think you're going to get that particular luxury under $500, but this machine sounds pretty good. You might like to read this review:
http://products.howstuffworks.com/pf...ine-review.htm
From this, I think the 1122 is the most basic Pfaff.
http://www.pfaff.com/us/media/Fr/hobbyfeatures.pdf
http://www.pfaff.com/us/media/Fr/hobbystitches.pdf
Old 09-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Guess that idea is out then. I'm thinking that they will need to find another butt for that sewing chair. ;)
Really is no different from my FW except it will Zig Zag and a few hemming stiches. Oh well, guess some more saving is in order.
Thank you lovequilts for the info and twilliebee for the websites.
Have a great evening. :lol:
Faith :lol:
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Have an 1142 and I like it, think the difference was the ability to sew with stretchy fabric. It's a good out the door price, especially if using for an on the go, or backup.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 AM

I think the best feature from Pfaff is the integrated walking foot, and if this doesn't have it, and you just want a spare machine, this doesn't seem unreasonable. But check into Brother machines - from a quilt or sewimg machine store - not Wal Mart. They are really nice quality for the money.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 AM

Cool, Thank you Quiltmom04.
I'll look into some of the shops in the area. Love your Avatar by the way. Aw heck who am I kidding, I Love EVERYONES Avatars!
lol
:lol:
Faith
Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
Cool, Thank you Quiltmom04.
I'll look into some of the shops in the area. Love your Avatar by the way. Aw heck who am I kidding, I Love EVERYONES Avatars!
lol
:lol:
Faith
Thanks, Faith! Good luck with your search!