Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff Smarter C1100 >

Pfaff Smarter C1100

Pfaff Smarter C1100

Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Thank you weezy rider, I don't like the thread cutter that's my Sapphire has, it doesn't leave a long enough tail and the top thread sometimes unthreads the needle. It gets hung up sometimes too.
For free motion quilting, I prefer the vertical bobbin, it just seems to make a prettier stitch. It took me a few quilts to get used to the way the Viking Sapphire does FMQ.
Sharon
Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Kerriy, I have to know where you got that cute side spool holder? I need one and that is just about the cutest thing I've seen.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Connie H,
I have one just like Kerriy has. I bought it at , http://www.paulsmetalpetals.com/coneflowers.html
Sharon
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Wow, I've never seen this machine before, but it is EXACTLY the same as my Singer Quantum L-500! The only difference is the blue color; otherwise, every single button and indicator is the same!

And most of us who have the Singer have had problems with the low bobbin indicator going off when there is a lot of thread left on the bobbin. I solve the problem by leaving the bobbin door open. Then it's not "connected" and the indicator doesn't go off all the time, and you can sew all the way to the end of the thread.

Don't know why I popped on to say that, but it really surprised me. But then again, Pfaff and Singer are the same company now, right? So I guess it makes sense to redesign a machine and brand it for both.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:00 PM

DonnaC - I also have the Singer Quantum L-500 machine. I've been having problems with it the past week and it needs to get serviced. I called Singer and told them I feel like I have a ghost machine as there is nothing on their web site relating to this machine and the customer service rep agreed. She said that when Singer Viking Pfaff all became one the Quantum L500 too closely resembled the Pfaff Smarter C1100 machine and that Singer had to pull the machine. Now I'm looking for a Pfaff technician that might be able to fix my machine. FINGERS CROSSED.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 AM

The Babylock BLSN was the first in the series. I'll bet the machine was made in China to each brand's specs.
Babylock grabbed the IDT the minute that Pfaff abandoned it. Did a good job, too. I use a Pfaff and had no trouble with the original Babylock.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:17 PM

HI, I have had my Pfaff Smarter for over a year. Really no issues with it until recently. Sent it in for a cleaning and get the timing adjusted. I too have problems with the cutter, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. This machine is very, very noisy. After I got it service I figured it would be less noisy, I was wrong. I have major issues with the top thread breaking, to the point I wanted to throw it out the window. I tried everything, new needle, rethreading it a million times, cleaning the lint out, everything, That is when it went in to get serviced. It was gone for two weeks, because the dealer I deal with sends the machines out of town to be repaired. This is something that annoys me. I will not be taking it back their for repairs. Well I got the machine back sewed for maybe 20 minutes and it is right back to breaking thread, very very noisy and when I tried to use the cutters it was extremely loud and scared the hell out of me. So the machine is back at the shop, outta town probably another 2 weeks. If it comes back working good, I will be trading it in for something better. Any suggestions? Does anyone know about Pfaff Creative Performance? I am looking for embroidery machine.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 AM

do any of you that have had this machine and no longer use it have the extension table that came with the machine and if so would you be willing to sell it? I've been looking for quite some time - please pm if you have one you're willing to part with.