Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pics showing accuquilt "wastage" using rag die >

Pics showing accuquilt "wastage" using rag die

Pics showing accuquilt "wastage" using rag die

Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM

I love mine, too. I cut out 2 quilts for my new SIL's for Christmas and my 2 grandsons(haven't sewn theirs yet). Not much wastage as I folded the fabric to just barely cover the die. Only sewing together, had a few problems keeping the fringe from getting caught in the seams.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM

Depending on how bad your RA is, if you have the money you may like the studio better. It's much easier to cut with. But if your RA isn't so bad the Go is ok also. I have soldier tendinitis and a friend who has both the Go and the Studio and I find the studio is easier to work. But the dies are much more expensive.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter View Post
Depending on how bad your RA is, if you have the money you may like the studio better. It's much easier to cut with. But if your RA isn't so bad the Go is ok also. I have soldier tendinitis and a friend who has both the Go and the Studio and I find the studio is easier to work. But the dies are much more expensive.
Thanks to all. Yeah, when RA is bad it is very very bad! My hand was totally useless last week, even for typing at work. I tried bribing my son to cut for me when he stopped to visit but he looked at me like I was crazy. It is better this week - I managed to cut a little by saying "Ouch ouch ouch" as I moved the cutter along! I am leaning toward the idea that a GO won't help much. I think my LQS might have one to try. The Studio looks to be better, I agree - let's see an iPad or a Studio! (Just kidding!)

I really do appreciate all the input.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:44 PM

I have RA too...the cutting system is much easier on the hands than cutting with a rotary cutter . I bought the Westminster pro from overstock but I think if I had to do it all over again I'd pick the studio, unless I get a handle on using the correct shim material to use go dies...mine cranks really nicely,doesn't bother my hands as long as I don't use too many layers. I use go dies, sizzix dies and can use most studio dies as well. I got it for 230 it is one of many things I need to use to make quilting easier on the hands
Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
I think my LQS might have one to try. ....
Some LQS have a cutting club, you pay some amount to be able to cut for a certain amount of time. If yours has this it may be more economical. That way you won't have to buy so many different dies and you'll be so surprised at how fast you can cut out a quilt using the studio.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM

my santa brought me a Accuquilt go last year and i love it !!, i just wish the dies were not so exspensive
Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 PM

The Studio and the Grande Mark (same machine, different tag) are both on sale now by the company. The last rag quilt I cut out, I used a layer of newspaper (best repurposing around) between my die and fabric. Surely saved on the cleaning and did not mark the fabric. Just tape a garbage bag to the table for recycling the newspaper scraps. Accuquilt also now has an adapter to use your Go dies on the larger machines.

the
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1942 View Post
I agree the wastage is better than arthur coming to visit.I wish they would make a die for the 1/8 plus square size to make HST.Arthur is visiting me now in my RT.wrist from cutting 4 7/8 and 2 7/8 for HST in the cover quilt on American Patchwork and Quilting.
I have had 2 die cuts made to order and they hardly cost any more than the normal ones. I wanted to cut at one time the pieces that Bonnie Hunter uses in her Scrap saving System. In the mean time I have had knee surgery but am on the mend. So watch out scraps! Here I come...
Old 12-21-2011, 04:00 AM

Maybe if I buy the piece my girlfriend will let me borrow her machine. Maybe a bottle of wine as a bribe!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 AM

I want one!