Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please Help!!! >

Please Help!!!

Please Help!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:10 PM

The flat rate boxes are great ideas. I see flat rate boxes going for great prices as "lots" on ebay all the time ,and they sell well on here as well. Sounds like you have enough that you can donate as well as sell. No need to not try to get some money back . I too donate but it is mostly in scraps and most of the time people are happy to get it. I keep track of the ones that seem to apreciate it and often send to them more than once as I am able to afford postage. that being said I would be happy to buy some tone on tone blender types
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM

If you would like to sell some cotton fabric, I would like to buy some, please pm me if you are up to selling, Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM

you could always put it on here to sell
Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM

I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel. I sure it feels like you'll never be able to get your stash down to a reasonable size, but it does start with just one step. I agree with the ladies about the flat rate box idea...just have people pay for the postage!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04 PM

there's a lot of charity organizations that take donated fabric to makes quilts for children's hospitals, soldiers overseas and many more
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Sounds like you would have plenty of help in organizing and sporting your fabric. You just need to let the ladies help you. And if you gave them fabric for helping that would make it even better as it would get down to a manageable size and you would also be getting rid of some of it at no extra cost to you. May God Bless you as you start this project and keep you safe.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 PM

I feel basically the same way. I just went through organizing mine into cabinets. I had to haul it totally out of the room and refold every piece. It took me several weeks because I had had shoulder surgery so the folding was slow. However, I can open my cabinets now and see by color what I have. There were some pieces that I knew I would not use and I gave it to a friend that does 50-60 donation quilts a year. She buys it all so the donation to her was appreciated. By refolding and stacking as to the size of the cabinets, it will store easier and it will allow you to pick out what you no longer want. I love purples, reds, and any batik if you want to send some my way...there is no such thing as tooooo much!! If you live in Central Florida or North Carolina, maybe I can help you organize.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Theere are so many charities both nationally and internationally that you could donate fabric too.Foe example Peace quilts, an organization in Haiti teaching the ladies to quilt so that they can support themselves and their families. Do a Google search. I know you will find more options.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 PM

Default maybe you have what I need

I will send you a picture of the block the fabric I need is the whit & blue
please let me know if you have it and how much you have and how much you want for it.

thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails 100_2995.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
QM
Power Poster

I like Tartan's idea. You could also sell on Ebay, remembering to add shipping costs. In my home town, there are apartments for very low income seniors. Our guild supplies a couple of them with fabric for their projects. There is probably a group in your area that does charity sewing and would appreciate what you can stand to part with.