Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price of Quilting Gadgets >

Price of Quilting Gadgets

Price of Quilting Gadgets

Old 08-27-2017, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I agree about quilt show entries. It doesn't matter if your border is wavy, or some seams don't match. I deliberately enter a few quilts in our shows that would make the quilt police faint but I do it to show others if that quilt can be shown then what they have can't possibly any worse. LOL
Haha. I am the "Quilt Police".....hahaha. AND I love your attitude about showing something you know is not perfect. I rarely see a "perfect" quilt. Most of the time people "think-like" theirs will be the only quilt in the show. They don't stop to think about the other quilts entered. You never know what your competition will be, because of that, you may be the first place quilt. :-). Ellen
Old 08-27-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by sahansen44 View Post
I have long had the feeling that quilting notions/tools are overpriced. I believe they know that we quilters will pay the price. It is great that we have the talent to find other options. After all quilting came from using scraps/used clothing in the day and not to throw away anything (like we do today).
I found out quite by accident that the self healing mats that we use to quilt, are the exact same thing sold to draftsmen. The only difference is the cost more than doubles if you put the word quilt on it.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:57 AM

I appreciated the comments about quilt entries in Colorado shows. I went to one last week at the Events Center in Loveland. Very disappointing-nothing like past years. Even the venders area was full of booths that had nothing to do with quilting and sewing. Some were very 'pushy'. I won't pay $10 to go again.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Ouch, sorry for what happened to you!
I bought one of those things you attach to the ruler from a quilt shop but I hate it. It's so big that it hides what I need to see. Sorry I bought it.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:10 PM

I purchase my fabrics and notions where I can get the best quality for the prices I can afford. I save coupons and I buy only what I need for my current project. It's a matter of practicalities. I recently visited a LQS here in the city closest to where I live. There was nothing in the store priced at less than $12.99 a yard, that was the "lowest price" in the entire store. For anyone who can afford that and that's what they want, great! But it's beyond what I can afford.