Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody sewing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-sewing-today-t31213.html)

Joan 12-09-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Joan, I love the pic with you and your dogs! I'll bet they enjoy the snow. Our lab always was off after the children sledding or trying to 'help' them make a snowman! :lol:

We have a lot of snow and wind today. The roads to my husband's plant are closed, so not only am I home, but so is he. No sewing for me! :roll: Ah, well. There's always tomorrow!

Our two Labs have been very curious about the snow since we seldom have much. Watching them romp through the nine inches of snow has been hilarious. Even our Molly who is the ripe old "dog age" of 13 has enjoyed it. Abby and I have been on long walks exploring all the sights. The best (for Abby anyway) was finding a snowmobile pulling a kid on a sled. She thought she should join them and the race began with loud woofs of joy running at full speed. Fortunately, the kids just thought she added to the excitement and enjoyed it too.

hulahoop1 12-09-2009 02:18 PM

No snow, 82 degrees and sunny here. Couldn't resist rubbing it in just a little. I just finished two quilts as gifts and need to get them in the mail this week.

Right now, I'm busy making a dozen folded star trivets to give my coworkers. I found the free pattern/tutorial on Jennifer Kiera-Oona's blog: (http://bronzewombat.blogspot.com/200...patchwork.html). They have been fun to make, but take a lot of fabric. I have 4 done and 8 more to go.

jljack 12-09-2009 02:44 PM

Nope...working, then church tonite, so no sewing today!!

But chilly as the dickens here....only in the mid-40s, with overnights in low 30s. That's very rare for us, actually!!!

Chele 12-09-2009 03:44 PM

Oh man, it's cold and snowing everywhere! I'll send some of my 85 degrees to everyone. Stay warm and be careful on those roads. We're back to shorts in Florida. Such boring weather here. Yawn. Wish I could travel and do a little skiing on all that new powder!

Tiffany 12-09-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Hello Everyone! I am new here and fairly new at quilting. I am trying to finish (machine quilt) my first quilt for a christmas present. I have finished several rag quilts and pieced tops, but this is my first attempt at quilting and it is wearing me out, LOL!
Glad to find this site and hope to talk to all of you avid quilters.
Sheila

Oof! I sure understand. I spent the afternoon quilting and my entire body feels like it's been beaten up. I need an exhausted, lying in the ditch smilie to cover how I feel!

Beautiful labs Joan!

Hoolahoop - I tried the link but it said it was no longer available. :(

Mamaskeeto 12-09-2009 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
No snow here but high winds and lots of power outages. I did sew for about an hour this morning before I went to work. I've got twisted thread catchers that I'm making for my Civil War Quilt Group for Christmas. The party is Saturday and I have 10 done with 4 more to go. I also worked on strip piecing for four patch blocks for a charity quilt and got started on a snowman apron.

I have no clue what twisted thread catchers are. Would you post a picture, please? I'd love to see what you are working on.

Here are pictures of what I'm working on. Since this is for my Civil War Quilt Group the fabrics are all civil war reproductions.
I have Chocolate Coins in gold bags from Trader Joes that will be in each thread catcher when I give them out. I worked when I got home and have only 1 more to make.

Making 4 different color combos
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45831[/ATTACH]

Close up twisted thread catcher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45909[/ATTACH]

sewNso 12-09-2009 07:18 PM

I need to sew learn how to post pictures. got the digital camera, and we were all too busy to get the girls to teach me to load pictures with it. michigan is windy--60 mph, supposedly. and just a inch of snow. snow has really been bypassing us, except last winter i hear they got lots in sc lower michigan, but we were in san antonio. Well i sure enjoyed the dogs and snow. our yellow lab is like moma, he goes out, and gets right back inside. sewed all day, diaper holder and remembered the silicone for my thread on the pfaff so things were smother after papa went to bed. yahooo!!!!!!

sewNso 12-09-2009 07:26 PM

oh, and i got 4 quilts off in the mail today. and 20 pillow cases delivered to DSS yest.

littlehud 12-09-2009 08:02 PM

I would love to be sewing today but DGD doesn't have school so I was busy with her.

bluebird 12-09-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Hello Everyone! I am new here and fairly new at quilting. I am trying to finish (machine quilt) my first quilt for a christmas present. I have finished several rag quilts and pieced tops, but this is my first attempt at quilting and it is wearing me out, LOL!

Glad to find this site and hope to talk to all of you avid quilters.

Sheila

Welcome Sheila from another Missourian :D Was 12 degrees this am and the wind howling, snow blowing, (probably all the way into IL) didn't accumulate here, thankfully. All those with the freezing rain, heavy snow and such, stay warm and I pray you don't lose your power. Great day to sew....after all the critters were taken care of. Brr it's cold