Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody sewing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-sewing-today-t31213.html)

Rainybug 12-10-2009 08:57 AM

Yuppers the mending was the VERY first thing I ever learned to sew! My mom was very clever, huh. (I also baked cookies!)

Rainybug 12-10-2009 08:58 AM

Never mind

Lizzydripping 12-10-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Oh man, it's cold and snowing everywhere! I'll send some of my 85 degrees to everyone. Stay warm and be careful on those roads. We're back to shorts in Florida. Such boring weather here. Yawn. Wish I could travel and do a little skiing on all that new powder!

This is my first Christmas in Spain, having moved here in February from UK. I am finding it all so strange that it's not cold in December - hard to work up enthusiasm for Christmas! How do you do it or are you just so used to it?

beckyw 12-10-2009 11:11 AM

I have it cold here every year. I live in Plum City Wisconsin USA

Rainybug 12-10-2009 11:21 AM

Well, living in Christmas would leave one thinking that it's always cold... and it is! It's just dddegrees of cold. Now for living somewhere that does not get cold and Chrismassy, that is when you have to get very creative in bringing about that holiday feeling. Try looking for some native "holiday" plants for the area you are in, or just decorate some of your own with festive colours. The music of the season always helps me getinto the mood.
Also, find out what the locals do for the holidays, life is all about new experiences, find out how people in warmer climates enjoy the holiday.

fatnsassy 12-10-2009 11:48 AM

We received about 10 to 12 inches of snow and were snowed in Tuesday and Wednesday. I got quite a bit of sewing done Tuesday, but didn't yesterday. So I plan on working on a couple of casserole carriers that I am making for Christmas gifts.

I would love to send this snow to anybody else that wants it, for I hate snow, but I do like being snowed in so that I can sew.

Lyn 12-10-2009 01:10 PM

We got 8 inches here in NH but it was the heavy wet snow. My arms are killing me from shoveling. I couldn't sew because my arms wouldn't work right. Now the weather is slowly moving into a deep freeze. I think I am ready for my long winters nap (or a hot buttered rum :) )

allie 12-10-2009 01:56 PM

knot snow in but did make lap throw top today

Rudy 12-10-2009 01:57 PM

I was away on business when this storm hit. I am very glad I took my small cutting board and some scraps to cut (scrap therapy) to keep me busy in the hotel room. I brought starch, I ironed my scraps and I have been cutting them into usable squares. So, no, I'm not sewing, but I am quilting~ Going home on Friday.

Tiffany 12-10-2009 06:35 PM

mamaskeeto - Ah ha! Thread catchers...makes sense now that I see them. Darn, can I be in your Civil War group? Those are sure pretty.

Originally Posted by watterstide
"Asking me to mend, would be like asking Picaso to paint the garage" too funny!

Oooh, I like that! :!: