Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Auch, i cut myself with the rotary cutter; be careful girls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/auch-i-cut-myself-rotary-cutter%3B-careful-girls-t19827.html)

MadQuilter 05-07-2009 02:31 PM

You are supposed to shave your legs NOT rotary cut them.
I notice that I don't get good leverage when I sit and cut. If I do, then the blades must be sharp.

Hope you feel better.

Quilt Mama 05-07-2009 04:40 PM

I always stress to cut away from you. I don't want anyone committing hari-kari in my presence. I don't do well with blood. They wouldn't want me to faint rather than be able to help them.

Take care of that wound.

littlehud 05-07-2009 07:31 PM

Take care and get better soon. Those rotary cutters can be dangerous. I love mine but an about half afraid of it.

gcathie 05-07-2009 10:22 PM

My goodness....I hope all is better....next time if you must sit when you cut get you a table at Wal Mart....for 20.00 that is smaller than a card table kinda like a tv try that can adjust to different heights.....that is what I use... a great help when I"m tired....also I use the Olfa rotarys that close when they aren't squeezed.....I go bare footed and use to drop my other ones.....talk about dancing...:-)....glad I have the other kind now ...no worries.....:-)

sunnyhope 05-08-2009 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by gcathie
My goodness....I hope all is better....next time if you must sit when you cut get you a table at Wal Mart....for 20.00 that is smaller than a card table kinda like a tv try that can adjust to different heights.....that is what I use... a great help when I"m tired....also I use the Olfa rotarys that close when they aren't squeezed.....I go bare footed and use to drop my other ones.....talk about dancing...:-)....glad I have the other kind now ...no worries.....:-)

Do u have a picture of it?

i know i need new blades, i will also cut ONLY away from me,lol and i will use less fabric to cut through, its better taking it a bit more slow.

also i need a bigger, better cutting mat, if u have anything to recomend please give me the link( and not to expensive)

and yes i m getting better but it still hurts and the knee itself hurts a lot too, silly daft me :oops: :oops: :oops:

bearisgray 05-08-2009 10:08 AM

So far, I like the olfa mats best. I know they are expensive, but they do last a long time.

gcathie 05-08-2009 10:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a couple photo's hope this helps....I also seen this table at Lowe's which is a home improvement sotre in the states......you could probabely look on line at the Wal Mart store....:-)....good luck

nativetexan 05-08-2009 01:40 PM

oh my goodness. i bought one of the cutters that close when not in use unless i punch the black button. i cut my thumb years ago and it took a long time for the nerves to stop bothering me. i love my rotary cutter now but i do make sure if i'm using my long ruler, that the side next to the cutter has the guard on it. I'd turned the ruler around and that's how i ended up getting cut! careful is the word of the day.

sunnyhope 05-08-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by gcathie
here is a couple photo's hope this helps....I also seen this table at Lowe's which is a home improvement sotre in the states......you could probabely look on line at the Wal Mart store....:-)....good luck

so is tht a cutting matt or?

MadQuilter
Post May 07, 2009 18:31:07 Subject: Re:Auch, i cut myself with the rotary cutter; be careful girls
You are supposed to shave your legs NOT rotary cut them.
I notice that I don't get good leverage when I sit and cut. If I do, then the blades must be sharp.

Hope you feel better.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is that the point :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [i][b]

bearisgray 05-08-2009 02:28 PM

The self closing rotary cutters are helpful it one tends to be forgetful.
I tend to be.

They are a a little more expensive, but i think they are worth it.