Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying fabric online.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-fabric-online-t15280.html)

Marcia 01-15-2009 12:30 PM

My favorite online quilt shops are Fat Quarter Quilters, Fat Quarter Shop, Keepsake Quilting and Connecting Threads. I prefer to shop locally, (it's a tactile thing!!) but when I cannot find what I want, I love to shop online.

henryparrish76 01-15-2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
My favorite online quilt shops are Fat Quarter Quilters, Fat Quarter Shop, Keepsake Quilting and Connecting Threads. I prefer to shop locally, (it's a tactile thing!!) but when I cannot find what I want, I love to shop online.

I have been drooling over the Keepsake Quilting catalog the last few days. :mrgreen:

butterflywing 01-15-2009 03:25 PM

i just hit NixieChicks. i'm way out of control! :oops:

Marcia 01-15-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76

Originally Posted by Marcia

I have been drooling over the Keepsake Quilting catalog the last few days. :mrgreen:

I just got mine too---yum!!!!

mar32428 01-17-2009 07:55 AM

There is an excellent online shop called LUANNA RUBIN. They have everything you could want, catagorized and the color swatches are very good. She only sells online. Another great source is KEEPSAKE QUILTING. You can reach both with a dot com. Keepsake also has a catalog.

Nanciii 01-17-2009 08:05 AM

My fabric is www.overtherainbow.com I love the newsletters every week and the Sales. Even preorder fabric is cheaper than a quilt shop.

Nanci

mar32428 01-17-2009 08:20 AM

Even our Walmart $1.00 fabric has gone to $1.50.

pocoellie 01-17-2009 08:26 AM

I have bought from Honey Forks fabrics and Thousands of Bolts. Both have excellent fabric and service.

Karo 01-17-2009 08:44 AM

I live in a rural area with no nearby fabric shops....nearest Joanne's is ninety miles away so I do shop catalogs and on line sites....I recently ordered on line one yard of fabric from a well known catalog company list price $8.96 and a pattern --list price less than $3.00 and the order ended up costing nearly $22.00 Now that is expensive fabric ! So...do watch out for shipping and handling charges. I do like ordering from Thousands of bolts ! Every order I have made has been great---good quality, reasonable shipping charges and really fast delivery ! And watch their sales -- Also Connecting threads is reliable source...-Happy shopping !!

weezie 01-17-2009 11:03 AM

I've been afraid to order fabric on-line because I have a need to feel it and check the weight and weave. I pick it up and look through it; some cotton fabric is pretty transparent and not for my quilts. However, there is a fabric store a 5-minute drive from home, so I've decided if there is a fabric on line that a REALLY want, perhaps the local store will carry that brand of fabric so I can at least check out the quality before I order any.