Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I have a serious problem. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-have-serious-problem-t35250.html)

beshearskk 01-28-2010 07:42 AM

We're all fabric hoarders. Just thank God it's not dogs or cats you can't resist!

daria 01-28-2010 08:17 AM

LOL, I started quilting over a year ago and didn't understand when they started talking about stash. Then when they explained I thought well I will never do that one project at a time and all that jazz. Yeah that went out the window after my first quilt....but if you need any of your stash to go to good homes we will all be MORE than glad to help. We will even share pictures of what we made from your stash. OK dreaming we all have stash and it is NEVER enough, there is always something beautiful out their calling our name. Enjoy every minute of it!

Quilter2B 01-28-2010 08:18 AM

You made me feel better, I only have 11 bins and one three drawer stacker (that's only what I have in the garage). I keep trying to convince myself I am on a "buying hiatus" but I have to keep turning in those coupons to stay on JoAnn's mailing list. They make me do it, honest! And that fabric just jumps in my cart! Honest! :oops:

Ditter43 01-28-2010 08:25 AM

You are a fabricoholic. Welcome to the meeting of fabricoholics. We all have that problem to some degree or another. I go through spells where I can be ruthless when it comes to getting rid of pieces of cloth....then there is the rest of the time....SIGH! If you truly have too much (and only you would know for sure) you are in good company!

Ditter

Elisabrat 01-28-2010 08:28 AM

Its only a problem if it bothers you I think. If its bothering you then regardless of what anyone says it is a problem. There is the old saying "There is a difference between wants and needs" What we want is one thing what we NEED is another. Do you need all that fabric? Do you have the means to purchase a bit more otherwise if you shared? would hanging onto it feel as good as sharing some with someone else who might have a need? (especially since you can then replenish it with something new stock?).. I look at everyones stash and think OOHH MAN. WOULDNT THAT BE WONDERFUL? I have a fairly small stash in quilters terms. That said I just moved boxs and boxs of household stuff. And I can tell you truthfully I am THANKFUL that yesterday I had only a bit of sewing stuff to move. 15 would have had my husband coming after me with a noose and the truck would be full, we would arrive and have nothing else but fabric (ok to a quilter whats wrong with that?).. At my peak I had six tubs of fabric and felt like I had a TON. Now its 1 tub of real fabric (quilters) and one tub of upholstry craft fabrics.. which is more than I have had in a very very long time.

Cookie64 01-28-2010 08:35 AM

Do you have any red hat material. I'll be glad to by it from you. I want to do some red hat things and can't find the material. Please help.

Cookie

PurplePassion 01-28-2010 08:39 AM

I feel I am using fabrics as insulation for my house. :-P I am trying to use up from my stash;but when I want to make a quilt for someone and ask them what they like; it is always some about something that I don't already have fabric for. I try to make some quilts in a theme that matches the person. So I end up shopping again.
My name is Elaine and I am a fabricaholic.

martha jo 01-28-2010 08:50 AM

Don't worry you have been vacinated with fabric and there is no cure just regular doses of fabric from now on.

Teresa 54 01-28-2010 09:22 AM

AHHHHHHHHHH, that usually happens to me, but recently I was asked to make a Boston Red Socks quilt for a (1) year old. I am a Yankee Fan! Well, my first instinct was to go out and buy baseball fabric, my local quilt shop rolled her eyes and said they didn't have it. That was my challange. I went to my rack and pulled every white and red fabric I owned and made baseballs using the feather stitch as the stitching on the ball. The quilt is fabulous, I am taking it on a lecture and a curved piecing class sample I am teaching and then I am giving it to the 18 month old for a gift in february.
In other words, don't fall into the trap like I almost did. Think beyond the box, I know you have the creative juices and everything you need.

JJean 01-28-2010 09:42 AM

You're not alone. I have way too much fabric. Fabric keeps getting more expensive. We're investing in our sewing futures. :-D