Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Invention I would like to see.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/invention-i-would-like-see-t87529.html)

JAGSD 01-05-2011 08:12 AM

Whew! That actually might be too scary to know.....LOL

MS quilter 01-05-2011 08:13 AM

If I can't have a BIG bobbin or thread-fed, how about a beep when the bobbin is out?

damaquilts 01-05-2011 08:30 AM

My Brother tells me when the bobbin is low it will actually stop the machine, sometimes I wish I could shut it off because I know I can get just a few more seams out of a bobbin.

Nanjun 01-05-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
just be glad you don't have to put GAS in it!

AMEN!

ChrisB 01-05-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull
I had a Singer one time that filled the bobbin right in place rather than having to take it out to fill. I wish my Janomes had that feature. Someone said that Singer had the patent on that. I will be glad when the patent runs out so all companies could put that feature on their machines.

My Janome beeps to remind me the bobbin is almost out but I really need one that SLAPS me so I will pay attention to the beep and not just keep on sewing!! ;O)

AnnieH 01-05-2011 11:45 AM

One that makes a cup of tea every hour? I keep forgetting to hydrate. Daft me!
Annie

quiltmom04 01-05-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?

I figured out the "mileage" on several cones of thread, so that when they were finished, I would know I had sewn AT LEAST that far!

crankygran 01-05-2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by kathy

Originally Posted by Izaquilter

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'd be happy with just a bobbin holder that would take a whole spool or cone.

We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!

yep, I've been thinking about this for a long time, especially since I got my quilting machine, just about the time I get a good rythm going the bobbin runs out.
I would love to know miles or even hours, that could help in determining price, easier than tracking time1

Amish hand quilters charge by spools of thread. Depends on the size of spools, I guess.

Rachel 01-05-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'd be happy with just a bobbin holder that would take a whole spool or cone.

We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!

I'd buy whatever machine that worked on... You guys are in business!!! :D

jaciqltznok 01-05-2011 01:58 PM

well you do...it is called the bobbin...all you have to know is how many yards of thread on the bobbin, then can convert yds into feet and feet into miles...

what machines really need is something that tells you how many HOURS you have on it...it needs, cleaned and timed according the hours of use! Especially the newer machines that you do not oil, but they have the lubricant in them. That goes away after sew many hours of use and only repairman can re-lube it properly!