Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Invention I would like to see.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/invention-i-would-like-see-t87529.html)

olebat 01-05-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I'd be happy with just a bobbin holder that would take a whole spool or cone.

Indeed! I've always thought that that there ought to be a way to set the spool on the back of the machine and run the thread through a little channel which had a thread tension and pick-up lane. With modern technology, why has this one feature remained the same?

maggiek 01-05-2011 03:11 PM

I just got the HQ Sweet Sixteen sit-down quilting machine. It has a count of the number of stitches that keeps track overall but also can have a "trip" odometer that tracks for a single project. Pretty cool! I'm also amazed at the bobbin. I am about 1/3 way through quilting a queen sized quilt and still on the first bobbin. I think I'm in love.

IrishNY 01-05-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by olebat

Indeed! I've always thought that that there ought to be a way to set the spool on the back of the machine and run the thread through a little channel which had a thread tension and pick-up lane. With modern technology, why has this one feature remained the same?

I agree. It seems if the top thread can come off a spool or cone, the bottom thread should be able to as well. Seems like a feature that draw lots of sewers to buy a new machine.

grammysharon 01-05-2011 04:16 PM

I think this is the things that all quilters and sewers would love!!!

hperttula123 01-05-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter

We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!

That would be great!!! I hate filling bobbins.

tjradj 01-05-2011 04:27 PM

Considering the top thread has to go around the bobbin underneath, can you imagine how BIG the machine that took a cone in the bottom would be??? EYEROLL

JUNEC 01-05-2011 04:35 PM

Love to be the inventor of that product

fabricfairy 01-05-2011 04:56 PM

My sewing machines count the stitches they have done ,
so you know how many hours you have been at the machine
also helps when you want to sell a machine you can prove how much it has sewn. Cathy

Nathan's Mimi 01-05-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter

We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!

I have been working in the shoe industry for 30 years now;and every one of my coworkers have said the exact same thing!You really notice it when changing a bobbin cuts into your piece-work money.Cuz when you aren't sewing some piece of prduction -you aren't making any money!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

kriscraft99 01-05-2011 05:14 PM

oh that would be wicked!