Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/join-me-virtual-quilt-weekend-christmas-style-t223660.html)

franc36 06-15-2013 01:30 PM

Have stopped to cook dinner. I was able to add the final 48 blocks to my king size Yellow Brick Road quilt. I also made the binding. After dinner, I hope I can cut out the borders and maybe add them. Tomorrow, I will start on the tote bags. Thanks for inspiring me to accomplish so much today.

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-15-2013 01:39 PM

I wish I could join you. I worked this morning, had lunch, then went out new a/c. I knew the one I had was on its last legs. We had a small heat wave of 90 degrees and over days. So broken a/c would not to. Borrowed a unit that was less BTUs, couldn't even tell it was on! I live on the second floor of a cape, the roof is not insulated well, the sun beats down on it...well anyway. My Dad and my niece helped put the new on together. Not in the window yet, but that's ok. Tomorrow is a cook out at my niece's and her boyfriend's house for Fathers Day. I am bringing some hand work to keep me busy. So I just might get some quilting in this weekend!

sewbizgirl 06-15-2013 02:09 PM

I've been quilting all day, but not Christmas. I have others to get finished first. I'm doing a warm wishes for a friend who is sick, and then have to make a wedding present quilt for my husband's sister who got remarried today. We didn't attend the wedding in another state, so I thought I should at least send a nice gift.

I DO have a Christmas quilt I want to make. I bought all the fabrics and planned it last Christmas, then just ran out of time. It's simple and modern, just triangle trees all over, but in assorted non-traditional Christmas prints.

I have some of that beautiful fabric Anael showed (p.4) but haven't decided what to do with it yet. I just love that line. So pretty.

Have fun quilting today. I'll check in tomorrow and see what's up. I'll try and show my WW quilt then.

Raggiemom 06-15-2013 02:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sounds like we're getting lots accomplished! I have the Irish chain blocks assembled and pressed. Tomorrow after church and lunch, I'll square them and then finish putting the top together. I finished the doll quilt too, not that there was much to do on that!

Debbie B 06-15-2013 02:45 PM

Absolutely love your choice of colors & fabrics!

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6123418)
This is what I'm working on. It's called By the Light of the Silvery Moon, a pattern featured in Quilter's World December 2011
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419095[/ATTACH]

Anael 06-16-2013 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The 'By the Light of the Silvery Moon' top is finished :) Here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419251[/ATTACH]

DOTTYMO 06-16-2013 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I started doing this by hand. It's fat quarter deck-ade the halls. Going to start the gingerbread men after lunch.

canuckninepatch 06-16-2013 04:01 AM

Going off on a tangent here......I'm Canadian, and red velvet cake isn't common here. I don't get the attraction of it - isn't it just chocolate cake with lots of red food dye?

Sauki1 06-16-2013 04:11 AM

well, I'm not on to my Christmas projects yet, but I will join you in sewing today. I am working on a 4th of July wall hanging for some friends of ours. We're attending a birthday party around that time and our friend just retired an E7 from the Army this year. So, we felt like we should honor that and help him celebrate what he fought to be free for this 4th of July. Enjoy sewing ladies!

quiltinghere 06-16-2013 04:11 AM

The quilts and blocks in the pictures are wonderful.

I'm joining this thread today but I've was quilting yesterday. I have to finish two borders on one quilt and start and finish quilting another quilt today!

Glad to know others are sewing and quilting today too.

Nan