Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/join-me-virtual-quilt-weekend-christmas-style-t223660.html)

Debbie B 06-16-2013 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 6124905)
Going off on a tangent here......I'm Canadian, and red velvet cake isn't common here. I don't get the attraction of it - isn't it just chocolate cake with lots of red food dye?

Hahaha...yes it is, but it is so very pretty & festive at Christmas...especially when made in layers & set upon a cake plate. My family in the south considers it a staple at Christmas dinners. I love it, but I like sweets and anything with cream cheese frosting.

Raggiemom 06-16-2013 04:14 AM

Your quilt top is gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6124791)
The 'By the Light of the Silvery Moon' top is finished :) Here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419251[/ATTACH]

Raggiemom 06-16-2013 04:15 AM

Yes, that's basically what it is! Still delicious though :)

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch (Post 6124905)
Going off on a tangent here......I'm Canadian, and red velvet cake isn't common here. I don't get the attraction of it - isn't it just chocolate cake with lots of red food dye?

Anael 06-16-2013 04:15 AM

Thank you Heather :)

x7lillies 06-16-2013 05:01 AM

Oh my goodness. I've been chronically procrastinating with the quilt I'm working on, so I'm going to jump in here and give myself some accountability for progress today. Pictures to come!

Sauki1 06-16-2013 05:10 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that fabric!!!! Can you tell me the names?

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 6124177)
Sounds like we're getting lots accomplished! I have the Irish chain blocks assembled and pressed. Tomorrow after church and lunch, I'll square them and then finish putting the top together. I finished the doll quilt too, not that there was much to do on that!

mom-6 06-16-2013 05:21 AM

Sounds like everyone has been busy and productive!
Got the messy line of quilting (lots of pleats on the back) ripped out on Misty's quilt and a bit of it from another row redone. Rethinking how I want to finish the quilting so set that one aside.
Finished the top for Peri's baby quilt, got it sandwiched and ready to quilt. Also made a bag to match and a couple flannel burp cloths.
Hope to get this one quilted today. It should be a lot easier than the other one that is giving me fits.

liese 06-16-2013 06:02 AM

Share your recipe, please!

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric (Post 6121394)
Raggiemom, funny you should post this tread for I'm looking for a stuffed owl pattern. I want to make 9 of these for Isabella's classmate/teacher. She will be going to a special needs school where there are small classes. Southpstitches, wish I was closer, I'm the BEST cookie baker this side of the Mississippi river I made red velvet cookies....yum yum

Tylia25 06-16-2013 06:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello :) While I haven't posted on the forums, I have been lurking and reading for a while now. I thought I would join in and show what I was working on this weekend. I haven't decided if I am going to gift this quilt or keep it for myself. I'm thinking of putting a solid red border around it and using the same black/white polka dot material that is the sashing for the backing, with a white binding. It started out as a red and white 40 strip jelly roll.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419276[/ATTACH]
Close up of the blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419285[/ATTACH]

I'm new to quilting and I'm having a lot of fun creating. This one is actually my 4th quilt and the most "complicated" (to me) one I've done so far. The blocks were made following the youtube video for Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by 3 Dudes :)

janeknapp 06-16-2013 06:24 AM

petthefabric, I LOVE your Inktense Daylily! Your work is fantastic...so realistic...great colors...good choice of binding...great quilting! I work with Inktense, too. What did you use as your moistening agent? I use clear aloe vera gel.