Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Keeping track of orders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/keeping-track-orders-t297296.html)

Jane Quilter 05-31-2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 (Post 8068124)
In my gmail account, I have a folder called "Orders Pending". I put the receipt I receive from the company there and any tracking info. I'll check the tracking to see where its at from time to time and if I have a number of orders, I'll write them down on a piece of scratch paper with the last 4 numbers of the tracking #. Then when I receive it, I'll move the receipt to the "receipt" folder in case I need to go back and check something. I have a folder for downloads also in case I need to go back and download it again. I think this is called "anal" by some folks but it keeps me on track.

Don't call me names! (lol), I do the same thing... jane

bearisgray 05-31-2018 07:01 AM

I think keeping track is a good idea.

It was "easy" for me to spend "more than I realized" - when I actually took the time to track it - o u c h !

Bobbielinks 05-31-2018 08:01 AM

For years I have kept a small notebook by the computer where I list date ordered, company ordered from, order number, item and amount. When I receive the order I check it off. I do print out a copy of my receipt and save in a separate file so if I need to reorder I have what I would need. When I get my credit card bill I check off what items are on that bill and write "pd" over them.

ArtsyOne 05-31-2018 08:30 AM

I keep my order confirmations and shipping notifications in a folder in my email account. When the item arrives, I check to see that nothing has been backordered. If everything is there, then the email is deleted. If it's not, I keep the email "live".
One thing - use your credit card for orders, not your debit card. There are fewer protections for debit cards and your account balance could be totally wiped out. With credit cards you're only liable for the first $50.

notmorecraft 05-31-2018 10:05 AM

I keep a separate folder in my email account for orders and receipts

grannie cheechee 05-31-2018 11:26 AM

Lindaschipper. did you know that Muscatine has two real nice quilt shops? Neal's is on 2nd Street, downtown area, and The Little Red Hen House is on Hope Street. Google maybe to get directions?? They carry different fabrics, but brand names.

Peckish 05-31-2018 11:35 AM

Spreadsheet. You can access free online ones with Google docs. Easy to use, easy to access on computer or smart phone, and no trees killed.

cashs_mom 05-31-2018 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine (Post 8068049)
I print my receipts and keep them in a folder so I can refer back to in case I want to reorder or recall where I bought something

This is what I do. I've done it for years and it hasn't failed me yet.

I thought about keeping them electronically, but then I'd have to have a folder and put them in order by date so that I could keep easier track and remember to delete them after. It just seemed like too much trouble when I can print them out on junk paper (used on one side) and then toss them after.

ube quilting 06-01-2018 01:46 AM

Companies usually send an e-mail with a confirmation #. write this down with your order info. If there is any problem this number helps you. I think you have a good idea started. I like the more environmentally friendly way to keep records.
peace

lindaschipper 06-01-2018 04:10 AM

Hello grannie cheechee....yes, I am aware that Muscatine has fabric shops and have spent a fortune a at The Little Red Hen House on a couple of occasions. It is a very nice store and I love the wool section!! Haven't Been to Neal's.