Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Keeping track of orders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/keeping-track-orders-t297296.html)

Boston1954 06-01-2018 04:21 AM

I have a spread sheet in the computer, that I put the company name, item, price, and how much I got.

institches33 06-01-2018 04:53 AM

Using your debit card for online purchases can be risky. Keep a spreadsheet of your orders and delete as they come in.

Nerys 06-01-2018 05:01 AM

I order all my shopping online. If awaiting a delivery I will put a post-it note on pc. And the order email is easily found in my email. After my cc was hacked twice I now do mostly paypal. Only very secure sites I use my cc.

Onebyone 06-01-2018 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8068078)
I order a lot online also and I just keep the email confirmations I get.

This is how I do it too. No paperwork.

klswift 06-01-2018 05:19 AM

I have 2 folders on computer. When I order something, I put it in 'transit' file. Also the company's confirmation email and anything else they may send. Once received and checked, I move one of the emails (with the item info) to 'orders' file and delete the rest. That way I have a record of the item number and other important info in case I want to reorder it. And a quick look at the 'transit' file lets me know what it outstanding.

Wanabee Quiltin 06-01-2018 05:50 AM

I pay by MasterCard and record it. When I went to the Spring Paducah AQS, my card took a major hit. No more buying fabric for awhile now.

MaggieLou 06-01-2018 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 8068617)
Using your debit card for online purchases can be risky. Keep a spreadsheet of your orders and delete as they come in.

Using your debit card as a credit card usually has the same protection as a credit card. At least with my credit union it does. I rarely use my debit card as a debit card. I always use it as a credit card without putting in the pin number.

Onebyone 06-01-2018 06:42 AM

DH and I have one designated credit card we use for every purchase. It took a while to get over the whopping credit card bill every month. LOL It really showed up where our money goes and exactly what we spend. I get cash back check once a year from this card and it's always been enough to pay for all my fabric and extra quilt things for the next year. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Quiltlady330 06-01-2018 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8068078)
I order a lot online also and I just keep the email confirmations I get.

I like this, too. I keep a folder on my computer that these go into so I can pull up any order anytime and
see what it was, when it was ordered and how much $$ or the amount of fabric I ordered. No paperwork and
nothing gets lost. Living in a small town I have to drive a minimum of an hour one way just to shop, so online
is very beneficial for me.

mac 06-01-2018 07:26 AM

Boy do I feel dumb, as it never occured to me to check-off or delete the order once I got it. I keep the confirmation notices in a file, but don't go to the next level to keep track of them. I ordered a lamp (similar to an Ott light) for a $100 and swear I never received it. By the time it dawned on me that I didn't receive it, it was WAY TOO LATE to track it. Thanks for the wake-up call and information.