Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Keeping track of orders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/keeping-track-orders-t297296.html)

janjanq 06-01-2018 08:03 AM

Instead of printing to a printer you can print to a pdf file and keep a folder on your computer for the order confirmations. I use the date of order and the shop name as the name of the file.

Peckish 06-01-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 8068617)
Using your debit card for online purchases can be risky.

Originally Posted by MaggieLou (Post 8068658)
Using your debit card as a credit card usually has the same protection as a credit card. At least with my credit union it does.

I've often heard that using your debit card for online purchases was risky, and this always puzzled me. I'm beginning to think the difference is bank vs. credit union. I had an issue with 2 fraudulent point-of-sale purchases on my debit card, and they were resolved and the money back in my credit union checking account within 24 hours. On the other hand, I have heard my friends' struggles with trying to resolve the same issue - but they're using banks.

sewnclog 06-01-2018 01:44 PM

When I order something I put all notices in a folder called "on line orders". When I have received the order, then I delete them. I also write the amount spent on a post-it note on my computer so I know what I've spent (and when to stop). What? Stop???

Krisb 06-01-2018 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 8068191)
I keep my order confirmations and shipping notifications in a folder in my email account. When the item arrives, I check to see that nothing has been backordered. If everything is there, then the email is deleted. If it's not, I keep the email "live".
One thing - use your credit card for orders, not your debit card. There are fewer protections for debit cards and your account balance could be totally wiped out. With credit cards you're only liable for the first $50.

Our bank now offers “disconnected” prepaid cards to make internet shopping more secure. You add $ to the card to pay for what you buy.

cashs_mom 06-01-2018 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8068812)
I've often heard that using your debit card for online purchases was risky, and this always puzzled me. I'm beginning to think the difference is bank vs. credit union. I had an issue with 2 fraudulent point-of-sale purchases on my debit card, and they were resolved and the money back in my credit union checking account within 24 hours. On the other hand, I have heard my friends' struggles with trying to resolve the same issue - but they're using banks.

My understanding is that when you use your debit card online and it is hacked, your money is gone and you don't have any more until the dispute is resolved which can be days or weeks. At least with a credit card, you still have your money in the bank.

Peckish 06-01-2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 8068912)
My understanding is that when you use your debit card online and it is hacked, your money is gone and you don't have any more until the dispute is resolved which can be days or weeks. At least with a credit card, you still have your money in the bank.

Okay, but did you see where I mentioned this happened to me, and I had my money back in less than 24 hours?

coopah 06-02-2018 05:09 AM

With my iPad, I take a screen shot of online orders and save to photos. Then I can print, delete after the order arrives..and I'm a visual type learner, so this works for me.

WandaVA 06-02-2018 05:37 AM

I use the "Snipping Tool" to have an exact copy of the order. It goes in the Pending file until received, then it goes into my Receipts folder for the year. I do a lot of online shopping, and this works well for me.

Beachbaby12 06-02-2018 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8068629)
This is how I do it too. No paperwork.

This is basically how I do it too - no paperwork.

Onebyone 06-02-2018 06:36 AM

I don't use a debit card for anything. DH thinks we need the bank debit for emergencies though. I use Walmart free cash back to get cash. LOL