Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My flannel stash from Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-flannel-stash-joanns-t169852.html)

cmrenno 11-27-2011 01:01 PM

Your husband is a keeper!!!!!

caspharm 11-27-2011 01:56 PM

Nice hubby!! Enjoy the flannel stash.

dharen7 11-27-2011 05:58 PM

all the flannel I bought is for rag quilts, do i need to put batting in between the layers?

kydeb 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

Beautiful!! Quite a stash!! Congratulations!!!

fmacashley 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

I have good luck using Shout Color Catcher when washing anything colored.No color run

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 4720936)
WOW. You probably know this but...when you prewash make sure that you don't put different colors together. I made the mistake of washing two smaller pieces together just to fill up the machine. I ended up going back and getting more flannel as I couldn't get the lint from the neon green off the blue. I will use a lint roller but it will take a lot of time. Learn something new every day. Have fun with all your fabric. I love to back my quilts with flannel. BrendaK

I have good luck using Shout Color Catcher when washing anything. Colors do not run. Follow directions on box.

cny_sewer39 11-27-2011 08:41 PM

Wow. What a great deal. Lucky you.

Have a blessed day/week ahead.

debra

KathyPhillips 11-27-2011 09:29 PM

You bought bolts of it! Wish my DH would go with me and wait in line and not grumble!

Kathy

justflyingin 11-27-2011 09:30 PM

That was quite a haul and you will love working with it--esp. during the winter months. Please make something and let us know how it goes. I'm not jealous --I am happy for you! I will admit that I love touching flannel though...

I'd be surprised that 100% cotton pills. I've been taught it is the polyester in a fabric that pills--all cotton doesn't. So, maybe if someone has cotton flannel that is pilling, maybe it is the batting that is coming through the middle! ?? I don't know--just a suggestion.

danece 11-27-2011 10:09 PM

Great haul, i had to work, but decided that I'm going to save my pennies and make the 45 mile one way trip to Joanns next year, by the way, I only wash fabric before sewing if I'm using it for something other than a quilt, Have Fun

SharonTX 11-27-2011 10:42 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments and suggestions on the many uses with flannel. I know one major project will be rag quilts, more likely throws, something to put around shoulders or such to help in getting the chill out of the air so to speak. I'm seriously thinking of matching sets of burp cloths and baby bibs.
Also, I have decided NOT to wash the flannel. Since I will not be mixing it with other fabrics other that what we purchased from Joann's of the flannel, it will be ok. Now, as far as the slightest chance of any color bleeds when I wash the finished sewing projects, I will use the Shout color catcher.
Again thank you all and I agree, my hubby of almost 28 yrs is definetly a keeper! :) :) :) :)