Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My pesty kitties and work surfaces (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-pesty-kitties-work-surfaces-t64833.html)

Cyn 09-15-2010 07:07 AM

My 5 cats love to help with anything I am doing! They are all well trained to stay off counters and tables but I made a mistake a long time ago and fed them on the huge table I sew on. Now I keep a couple practice quilts over the ironing board and table when I am not using them just in case it tempts them. Also qulited a nice little cover for all the machines I use to keep them from messing them up or the hair from getting where it shouldn't be. I still have issues with the help I get when laying all the material out to see how it looks. They love to superman dive under it. I usually wait until nap time to try those things. I love my cats!

brenda21 09-15-2010 07:09 AM

My sister has cats and the spray bottle works great for her...she has a few of them around and when any of the cats go where they aren't supposed to she squirts them and says NO...they learn quickly and jump off now as soon as they see her pick up the bottle hahaha

Ms. Shawn 09-15-2010 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I have 4 cats, all of whom like to lay on top of high surfaces, like tables and ironing boards. I make them shoo off of these surfaces several times daily. My sewing room is my dining room, and I have my mini ironing board and my cutting mat and my box of current fabrics on my table and my sewing machine on a smaller desk. I'm forced to wipe down my surfaces and lint roll my ironing boards and I'm simply too lazy to put things away. How do you keep your kitties off work surfaces and ironing boards and where ever else they may lay?

I also have four cats 2 that do the same thing all the time!!! I also would like to know the answer or advice if anyone has any!! Thank you, Shawn :thumbup: :XD: :lol:

Ms. Shawn 09-15-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Suggestion only. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

nativetexan 09-15-2010 07:33 AM

lay bubble wrap over the ironing board?

loopywren 09-15-2010 07:49 AM

I love that Debbie.

ssgramma 09-15-2010 07:52 AM

Some kitties (see BAD girl in avatar pic!) won't be trained to do/not do by any means!!!!!

Teddi likes water, doesn't really like spray bottle much though. It will make her cease and desist for a millesecond only. Tinfoil - HA! Bubblewrap - she'll try to eat it.

Been trying to train her by every method known for over 2 years now but she does as she pleases for the most part.

Right now she is sleeping on top of the kitchen cabinets. Not on the part she can access directly from the fridge but the part across the room that she jumps to from the fridge top with head held low to not hit it on the ceiling. She is a total PITA!!!

canmitch1971 09-15-2010 07:54 AM

I have 3 cats but none of them seem interested in my quilting stuff. I guess I should be grateful.

DeniseP 09-15-2010 08:03 AM

I had that problem for a while and then I started using my spray bottle with water in it. They don't like to get sprayed and it's just water so I know I'm not hurting them, just letting them know that I am still the boss.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-15-2010 08:10 AM

Good thing I was stricter with my boys. These cats of mine are spoiled rotten. Reading your posts makes me realize it lol